New Years Resolutions-Modeling
Install the insulaltion, wire up the building, coat the floor with Thompson's Water Seal, build the frame work, lay the bench top, lay some track and......
RUN TRAINS!!!!
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
I have begun my N-scale layout. My only resolution is stay as true as possible to my vision.
1. Finish Planning my layout
2. Finsih construction of the rest of the benchwork
3. Lay and wire at least the mainline, and some of the staging.
4. Complete a few structure kits
5. Start assembling an operations team

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
OK guys.....We've gotten a good number of replies here...but I know there are lotsa' folks out there that need to commit to sumpin' for the coming year.... Nope

And we need to be able to come back to this thread at year's end and see how much "resolve" we mustered over the course of the year....or to just check up on ourselves to see what we commited ourselves to.... 35
Gus (LC&P).
I like to stay safe and not make any resolutions. Icon_lol
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
I try to list a few resolutions, but...

1. Handlay narrow gauge track and turnouts in the main yard
2. Extend the narrow gauge line up to the second layout level
3. Keeping up with landscaping around the finished track section
4. (Hah! Traitor!) Superdetail three Ferrari 250 LM models in my racing car collection

...but...

Since my daughter will give birth to our first grandchild any day now, I think that my modeling plans for 2009 will be heavily modified... :mrgreen: Thumbsup

Ron
Boss of the Trim Creek & Western RR (H0 & H0n3)
Running through the hard-shell mountains, not around them!
Well, the 1040 form came in the mail yesterday...Yep, it is a new year Big Grin Big Grin Icon_lol

I wanna get al my track layed. SOON.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
I plan on finishing the Garage and start my layout. I have been planning it too long, time to start. 35
Well, I feel like my current track plan is about 90% there, and I have it all laid out and operating on the floor of my shop. Soooo, my goals for 2009 are:

* Build the benchwork for the layout (gotta get off the floor!)
* Install the foam, install the risers, and get all the track laid
* Add scenery (mountains, tunnels, roads etc) to the layout
* Locate and install the 2 structures I have already completed
* Build 1 to 2 more structures

Basically my goal is to build my first layout from A to .... well not Z, but I am hoping to at least get to S or T!
Oh yeah, another BIG goal for the year will be to:

* Chronicle the entire process to share with you all here!

Best of luck to all for a safe, prosperous and PRODUCTIVE 2009.
Mike

"Trust everyone, and always cut the cards".
W.C. Fields
OK. Thought I'd bump this to the top, after I saw Ralph's post.
These were the resulutions some of you made last year. Four more days and the New year will be upon us.
So?.......What'd you folks get done?

After seven years..finished the benchwork.
Finished laying the CNE mainline(What a feeling, being able to run trains, sans scenery)
Finished CNE and S&W interchange(Ore Hill complex)
Improved Winsted yard, though not quite finished.
More scenery work,
The rest...There's always next year!
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Ed,

You're the official Accountability Guy! I...er...forgot that we had a resolution thread for last year! Smile Good thing we can make resolutions for next year! Goldth
Ralph
ezdays Wrote:I have been unable to work on my layout since before my shoulder surgery last May. I'm doing well enough that for my list of things to do starting right away are:
  • Clean up and organize my train room so I know where things are
    Finish the three kit projects that I've partially finished and stopped working on
    Finish the trackwork on the newer half of my layout, for the third time Eek
    Solve my hinged bridging dilemma between my old, hinged section, and the new fixed section. Icon_lol
    Get the rest of my trackwork cleaned up and in working order.
    Get a hold of TrainNut and see if he meant what he said about helping me with my trackwork. 357
OK, uhhhh, got a bit if this done, but it's been a really bad year health-wise so things went extremely slow, layout-wise. Wallbang
  • I did clean up and organize my train room, although I still don't know where everything is. Nope
    I did look over the three kits and made sure they weren't getting too dusty. Icon_lol
    The old trackwork has been taken up and the new track is down... Wadda mean I still need to wire and ballast it??? Eek
    "Clean up and get the rest of my trackwork in order".... hmmm, I wonder what I meant by that???? :?:
    Did get a hold of TrainNut, he was serious, but I think things have progressed beyond needing him now. Thanks anyway, I do appreciate the offer. Thumbsup
I guess I can copy most of this list and just paste it in Ralph's new "resolution" thread for the coming year 357 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Sumpter250 Wrote:with everything else going on, I will have to put a priority on building 8 feet of steel arch bridges. Two four foot sections bashed from six Lifelike kits. Stripping off the existing decks, and building the replacements will be plenty project enough. I really would like to do at least one, 28' 1/87 scale whaleboat, plank on frame, and it would be nice to get the frames done for the On30 outside frame 2-6-6-2T.
That said, it has been my practice over the years to resolve to break all New Years resolutions. :mrgreen:
The bridges are getting close to being done. The On30 articulated is still on hold. I didn't do Whaleboats, but have some sailing craft close to completion. The "New Modules" project is currently ongoing, which includes the bridges, and boats.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I've got such a long "honey do" list that listing new years resolutions is kind of scary!
1. Finish clearing out my garage and organizing it so that I can get my Firebird in and pull the heads to see what else I need
to do to the engine besides valve guide seals.

2. Clear out weeds and landscape my back yard.

3. Build the arbor to give the Azaellias some shade in the summer. Put in the rock around my spa and build a gazebo over it.

Ooh this thread was about modeling?
After all of that stuff and a few more chores, I can actually start to build my layout, if my wife doesn't find more "honey do's" for me. Hopefully sometime before 2011, I can actually have a train running on a home layout!
It was also last year's list.