Prayers and Well Wishes Needed!!!!!!
Jenna,

I'm very sorry to hear this. I haven't been on the forum for a couple weeks, so I'm really out of touch with news. I just logged back in last night & today.

Over the past year or so, whenever I posted a question here, BiL usually replied to it. He was always very friendly and helpful. My condolences to you and your family.
Rob
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.robertrobotham.ca/">http://www.robertrobotham.ca/</a><!-- m -->
I'm extremely saddened to hear the news. I will always remember Bil as a guy who was perhaps more exicted to help with and observe others' projects than he was with his own. A very generous person. His knowlede into art and design was extremely welcome on this forum, and his insights will live on in all of our modeling.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Kevin, your comments exactly mirror my feelings.

Rest in peace, biL.
It's hard not to sound repetative since the replys are similar but I have to agree with everyone's responses. For a short time hes been here, BiL was a great guy, a great modeler. Wish I knew more about him. I'll miss his posts, his modeling skills, the chats and his witty conversations.
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
R.I.P. my friend. I didn't know you as well as I would have liked to but I enjoyed your postings and appreciated your advice.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Jenna:

My condolences on your loss. As someone who has lost his own father, I feel your grief.
MadModeler Wrote:Jenna:

My condolences on your loss. As someone who has lost his own father, I feel your grief.

Yes, I also lost my father (a big train fan) in 1999 after a 5-1/2 year illness. I think I share in your grief as well. My prayers are with you & your family.
Rob
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.robertrobotham.ca/">http://www.robertrobotham.ca/</a><!-- m -->
After being away for two weeks, I did not expect to find such sad news here when coming back.

Jenna, please accept my most sincere condolences on the loss of your father. I sure will miss him here on our forum.
Kurt
It sounds funny, but I always liked how he typed his name in the signature area. He used to attache it as an image. If anyone knows where to find it I think it would be nice to see it again.

biL

Sad
I'm not sure to what you're referring, Shane, as I have my Forum settings set to not display signatures, but you may find it HERE

Wayne
Folks;

Today (5/21) I found out, in a very sad moment, that BiL had passed away. Recently, a few weeks ago, BiL and I exchanged some messages to each other. BiL pm'd to see if I had some railroad material still available that he was interested in. He was VERY happy to hear that what I had available, was exactly what he needed for a collection. He was looking forward to showing them to the guy's at "the club". I packed up his items and mailed them off to him. I knew he would be pleased when he received them so I could not wait to hear his reaction when they arrived. Sadly..that message was never sent. :cry:

I often checked my PM's to see if he sent me a message about the items. As time passed, I never heard from him. I passed along another PM to him asking if the packages arrived..still no response. I was so selfishly looking for a pm that I failed to look at the ongoing posts in Hobo Camp.

Today, I received a "heart wrenching" pm message from Jenna, about BiL. I am still in shock.

I am so sorry to hear about this. I lost my father the same way, and this brings back a lot of bad memories.

Guys, I know I am new to this forum, but it seems like we are all family here, one way or another. I have read the above posts and it seems we all have one thing in common - we will all miss BiL.

I want to say this, to his family, that I am deeply sorry to hear about this and my thoughts and prayers are with all of you as well. I know exactly what you are going through. I hope that you can be comforted, in some small way, to know that he was admired by each of us here. And, he will be truly missed.

Jenna, my deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family.
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!
SAID GOOD BYE TO A GOOD FRIEND

On Saturday (July 2), myself and three members of our Scale Rails of Southwest Florida model railroad club had the privilege to attend a memorial service for our member, Bil Marsland (P5se Camelback) at the American Legion Post 323 in Lehigh Acres, Florida. The Legion had a wonderful service including a gun salute and the playing of "Taps". There were approximately 50 people there to celebrate Bil's life.
His sister Carol gave a very heartfelt and moving testimony about Bil and his family. Bil's daughter Jenna had a friend read a testimony that she had written. Again very moving as she and her father had some difficult times early on but they were able to make amends and had a wonderful relationship the past few years.
Our only regret among our club members is that we did not meet and have Bil join us sooner. But we are all very thankful for the time we did have with him; he was a very talented individual.
God rest his soul.
dwight77
Dwight Sedgwick
Scale Rails of Southwest Florida
North Fort Myers, FL
Thank you for this update Dwight. Everyone here has been saddened by the loss of this good friend. It is heartwarming to know that he was remembered this way by the members of the Legion and your railroad club.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks for the update, Dwight, and thanks, too, to your club for accepting biL as a member. He had expressed to me some initial trepidation about even visiting the club, but I encourage him to do so. I think that he needed human contact with people of similar interests. He was very impressed by his initial visits and truly pleased to be accepted as a member there. You and your comrades had a very positive effect on his life, I think.

Wayne
Yes - very nice tributes! I'm very glad that everyone took the time to honor him for all he did both for our country and as a member of the club..
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???