What exactly is that smell?
I'm not going to bother reading this thread, but here are my thoughts on the subject.

Sometimes when I've been working hard on my layout I notice a smell too. You know how it is, you get to working on stuff, and next thing you know from cramping under the layout, doing some wiring and switches, you sweat and that 24 hour deodorant you put on 48 hours ago, just ain't doing the job any more. Plus those clothes you've now worn for the last 3 days... or was it 5?... could probably use a tour of the washing machine. A quick jump in the shower can help too just remember to use soap and apply some fresh pit stick once you get out.

But most of the time I usually just lay off the bean burritos and open a window. :?

That is what we are talking about right? :?
Spot on Tetters, that's exactly what it was, although you're forgetting the socks that have been on your feet far too long, and festering inside a pair of non breathing semi leather shoes! Cheers 357 357
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
You can still smell a bit of the Ozone smell at shows where they are running old O gauge trains Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
And if you have one of the old ones that really sparks, lay off the bean burritos and the chili and even the Boston baked.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
That smell is the smell of our childhood, and the excitement of watching MY train (Tyco Silverstreak!) do laps around the oval of track. Life just didn't get better than that at the time.

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Cheers Cheers

Nothing like laying on my belly watching the ol' AF 0-8-0, chuffin' & chuffin', pulling a string of cars, with a MOW cabby bringing up the rear...

Hmmm...Might do that today.... 357

Happy Father's Day to all..!!
Gus (LC&P).