Is there a switcher in the house?
Hello Everyone---some great pictures so far,let's keep them coming---Tom,I really like your "Sweep".Here's another switcher I found down at the Leetown yard

[Image: P1080948.jpg]
Switchers rule...!!!

Len...I've had my eye on that B'mann 0-6-0....How's it work..?? Is that the standard tender..??
Gus (LC&P).
Sumpter250 Wrote:There were four of these B&O class C-16 "dockside" 0-4-0T. 96, 97, 98, 99 two of these 96, and 99, lost their saddle tanks, got tenders, and became class C16a.

Thanks for posting that. I was about to do the same, but you beat me to it. I believe they were based out of Baltimore, Md for use downtown around Pratt St. and the Harbor area. B&O 99, in your first post...

[Image: file.php?id=10950]

used to look like B&O 98, in your second post...
[Image: file.php?id=10953]

I never would have guessed them to be the same class of locomotive.

Quote:The Varney, "Little Joe" ( C16, # 98 ) was my first powered loco....I still have it.

That is my most favorite locomotive in the world, as shown by my avatar. the one in the photo in my first post is a Varney, missing it's motor. I plan on doing a rebuild and SUPER detail job on it. BTW I love that little diesel critter you posted up. Thumbsup

FiatFan Wrote:[Image: IMG_4285.JPG]

This thing is pure awesomeness!
-Dave
Steamtrains Wrote:Switchers rule...!!!

Len...I've had my eye on that B'mann 0-6-0....How's it work..?? Is that the standard tender..??

It came undec with the Vandy tender and E-Z Command DCC System bundle. It runs OK and tracks well, but I only have about 8' of track with a couple of handlaid turnouts to run on so far. The E-Z Command leaves a lot to be desired, but I got it mainly for testing track and turnouts. I'll probably go to a NCE DCC system later, so being able to reprogram the decoder speed settings may help.
Len Turner
Texas South East RR
http://tserr.blogspot.com/
A thread about switchers is not complete without a Baldwin! Wink

[Image: 070108-1.jpg]

[Image: 2214-1.jpg]

[Image: 2266-2214.jpg]

[Image: 260609.jpg]
Kurt
A MP15DC is not too shabby either …

[Image: 161208-5.jpg]

[Image: 240808-2.jpg]
Kurt
… and the same applies to a SW1500.

[Image: 25709-2.jpg]

[Image: 25709-1.jpg]
Kurt
… and a NW2 is a cute little engine, too. Goldth

[Image: 101107-1.jpg]

Great idea to start this thread. Keep the pics coming. If the pics above did not already tell you, I love switchers!
Kurt
Southern Pacific NW-2 1330 on the High Sierra RR.

[Image: HPIM4621-2-1-1.jpg?t=1315447279]
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)
Kurt...
Your switchers and that layout just floored me...!!! Let's see so' more...!! Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Does this one count..??

[Image: DSCF1737.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1739.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1744-1.jpg]

Anyone know what it might be...??
Gus (LC&P).
Sumpter250, that diesel is fantastic! Is that a Hustler body with steps added? There is just something about those "homegrown" critters that intrigue me. Great thread everyone!
Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Gus, that is a very interesting engine, though I have no idea what it might be. Looks like someone built it taking parts from various engines he found in a loco scrap yard.

[Image: pf3.jpg]

[Image: pf6.jpg]
Kurt
cnw1961 Wrote:A thread about switchers is not complete without a Baldwin! Wink

You're right Kurt,
men need Baldwins!

[Image: dsc026106u9a.jpg]
Still something to do.
Here's a P2K SW9 cruising the main drag in Adobe Flats.

[Image: IMG_0330.jpg]

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)