Is there a switcher in the house?
Welcome Welcome Hardy Welcome Welcome

"The Model 4-S -- the G M & O 1900 -- the only locomotive actually produced by Ingalls, was powered by a large adapted marine engine that produced 1650 hp., and at 660 rpms, produced 1500 hp."
This could possibly have been a Fairbanks Morse prime mover, and would have sounded like " a fishing boat ". Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Here's an Atlas San Francisco Belt S-2.
[albumimg]4066[/albumimg]
Mike Kieran Wrote:"Sumpter250" wrote: The operative term here is "switcher" --- so :

Sumpter, what did you do for the front and rear porches? I love this model. I even have the Gem models one in brass as well as the Athearn model.
On the ( oh, yes it is! ) "B" unit, I scratch built the "porches" from sheet styrene.

Once this project is painted, I will have incentive to convert the drives from two, Athearn 3 axle SD trucks, one for each of the locos.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Of course there are switchers in the house:
[Image: dsc02165in9w.jpg]
One of my first attempts in US H0 scale. A extensively rebuilt old Roundhouse 0-6-0 from the 1950's. Got a Faulhaber coreless coil motor, flywheel, new reliable current pick up, lowered boiler, cab floor, boiler backhead, 8-pin NMRA socket and some details.

And sometimes things grew bigger:
[Image: dsc028864s7s.jpg]

Lutz
Here's a pair of Walthers/P2K FM H10-44s.
[albumimg]4087[/albumimg]
I have a DVD with archival 8mm film showing such a pair MUed back to back in Tulsa, OK about 1970. They're both orange and white in the film, but I figured you could just as easily see one of each. For some reason, the camera didn't pick up the orange FRISCO lettering on that unit, but reviewing the film, it comes out pretty faint even on the prototype. Go figure.
Tiny switchers fighting the streets of south LA (obey the ration of one car per engine)
[Image: Img_1047.jpg?t=1317386349]
Reinhard
Oooooooohhhh! Doesn't that look nice!
Lovin all the different varieties of switchers folks! Thumbsup I especially like that GM&O unit. Very unique. Here is my contribution to the switcher thread. Chessie System SD20 #7700 and slug SWMT #146T pullin hard on a long cut of cars in Logan Yard. First a close up view of the SD20.....

Attached Files Image(s)

CandO7430 (The poster formerly known as IandOFan71)

T. Blackstone,
Division Superintendent,
Ohio Div, Chessie System Railroads
CSX MP15DC #1145

[Image: 001-21.jpg]

C&HV SW1000 #100.

[Image: Picture037.jpg]
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Shore River MP 15DC

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

And the SD20's switching partner, SWMT #146T...

Attached Files Image(s)

CandO7430 (The poster formerly known as IandOFan71)

T. Blackstone,
Division Superintendent,
Ohio Div, Chessie System Railroads
Shore Rivers' SW1500's

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Shore River SW 1000

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: dsc03277tevs.jpg]
ET&N 12 pullin out of an factory stub has made an emergency stop for an switch thrown to the wrong way.
Curse engineer is crying very loud for the d'...ned a#*!§...hole of this sleepy switchman.

Lutz
Here's my SW9/1200 cruising down Main Street.

[Image: IMG_0330.jpg]

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)