Atlas Genset locomotive
I have a new Atlas Genset locomotive which needs to have the decoder replaced with a DCC sound one.

I have a new Atlas Genset locomotive which needs to have the decoder replaced with a DCC sound one.

The new decoder is being shipped and should arrive in a couple of days. But I can’t figure out how to get the hood off to get at the

electronics board to replace it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Barry

electronics board to replace it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Barry
Barry;

This page from the TCS web site http://www.tcsdcc.com/public_html/Custom...enset.html showing installation of their non sound decoder might be of help. Does show what to do to remove the body shell and gives you a few tips for the process.

Those are nice looking locomotives, but too modern for my circa 1980 layout or I'd jump right on one of them myself.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
The TCS site matches my experience. Only the two screws of the couplers hold the shell. But the shell has a very tight fit. It lakes some time until you get it off.
Reinhard
Thanks, Ed and Reinhard that's just what I was looking for.

Ed, would you mind if I posted that information at a couple of other sites?

Thanks,

Barry
Barry;

Sure don't see any problem with you pointing folks to the TCS web site for information. They have quite a few examples of how to remove body shells and install decoders in various models. I found their site to be very handy myself with installing a decoder in one of my models.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Thanks, Ed. I did.

Barry