What are your other hobbies?
Besides modeling HO Trains, I'm into cars. A lot more than my HO's. Power, handling, good looks as long as it hauls!

two of the biggest toys we got are the cobra and trans am:

[Image: DSC02051.jpg]
We did eventually sell the trans am, and probably sell the cobra soon to buy a C5 Z06 then add a mild cam and corsa cat-back to it.

Another is tools, can't live without them. They are the basis of my surrounding, love to tinker with anything mechanical, especially large/heavy equipment.

So, what are your other hobbies?
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
ahh is there any other hobby well other than RRing then riding the open road?
Cheers
[Image: img0322vu2.th.jpg]
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
wgrider Wrote:ahh is there any other hobby well other than RRing then riding the open road?
Cheers
[Image: img0322vu2.th.jpg]
Cheers

Cheers
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Mine is a 1987 Trans Am. It was originally a 305 with 5 speed and a carburetor. I swapped in a 350, installed a tune port injection system, rewired it, and swapped out the non world class t-5 for a world class t-5 with 1le gears. It has 2 sets of sub-frame connectors. The Alstons stiffen the chassis, and the home made fabricated ones below the door sills give me a good jacking surface on both sides.
Other hobbies include paintball and photography which is slowly becoming a second income.
H.S. Seniors and Weddings...
[Image: Proof29A.jpg]

[Image: Proof14B.jpg]

[Image: 20080823-IMG_0436A.jpg]

[Image: 20080823-IMG_0493ABC.jpg]
Mike
Hey Mike I bet your a real photoshop guru to go with that hobby.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
wgrider Wrote:Hey Mike I bet your a real photoshop guru to go with that hobby.

I know a few things but a "guru" I am not. I'm always amazed at the depths of that program and how far Adobe has taken it. Confusedhock:
Mike
Beleive it or not, I am an accomplished musician. I used to be the lead vocalist in a country band called "Northern Boy Blues". We did record an album, good luck finding one. I play guitar, and I LOVE hockey. I played for over 20 years.
I also like building model cars, but that has been long dormant. I am also a "Gearhead" at heart. I love classic power, and home made drag cars. Pro-street 1/4 milers. I have built and raced 10 so far. Not so much anymore, but I used to be a competetive pistol marksman.
I also write, even though I have horrible grammar. I have at least 10 completed screen plays and 5 novel manuscripts sitting around.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
I am building a 1979 Ford Bronco. In the shop right now for the Bronco is a 521 CID Ford with a fully manual, reverse pattern C-6 tranny, and NP203/205 double transfer case and one ton 8 lug axles. I am also working on restoring 3 tractors, a 1939 and a 1949 John Deere and a 1939 Oliver.

My inside hobby (besides model trains) I am learning to play the Resonator Guitar (aka Dobro) in a bluegrass style.

Dave
-Dave
Also into R/C cars, though I consider Model Railroading my primary hobby as that's where most of my time and money go. Smile
Puddlejumper Wrote:I am building a 1979 Ford Bronco. In the shop right now for the Bronco is a 521 CID Ford with a fully manual, reverse pattern C-6 tranny, and NP203/205 double transfer case and one ton 8 lug axles. I am also working on restoring 3 tractors, a 1939 and a 1949 John Deere and a 1939 Oliver.

My inside hobby (besides model trains) I am learning to play the Resonator Guitar (aka Dobro) in a bluegrass style.

Dave
Ever hear of Bering Strait????? Had a Dobro player - really good band!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
In no real order......

Photography, antique cars and Geocaching (google it) Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Writing seems to be my latest passion. I've been writing articles for two newspapers, The one in Tehachapi, CA is on trains (think: Tehachapi Loop), I've been doing that for about two years now. The second one is in Cincinnati, OH, and is all about how I view life in Arizona. I've been at this one for over six years.

My other hobbies are woodworking, electronics and let's not forget shooting trap and pistols.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
i really like scuba diving. its one of the most relaxing sports i ever did. i also enjoy target shooting aas well and i plan on trying skydiving this year too.

todd
iis612 Wrote:Beleive it or not, I am an accomplished musician. I used to be the lead vocalist in a country band called "Northern Boy Blues". We did record an album, good luck finding one. I play guitar, and I LOVE hockey. I played for over 20 years.
I also like building model cars, but that has been long dormant. I am also a "Gearhead" at heart. I love classic power, and home made drag cars. Pro-street 1/4 milers. I have built and raced 10 so far.
I also write, even though I have horrible grammar. I have at least 10 completed screen plays and 5 novel manuscripts sitting around.

Matt
ya but can you whistle? Icon_lol
Lynn

Great White North
Ontario,Canada