Esu dcc info ?
Hi guys looking for chapter 27 info telling you about the esco computer interface from there manaul anyone help please.You will need to download this from there website i think .mike PS I am writting my own software for this unit but need the protcol commands ect to see if it works before i buy a unit
Hi Mike,

I downloaded the ECoS ESU Command Station Manual, but Chapter 27 is about repairs. Chapter 24 is about the interface - is this the correct one?

Basically, you need to connect the ECoS as part of your network. It looks like you can plug it into your router as long as you have a "so-called DHCP-server" in your network. The instructions go on to say that this is "likely" if you have wireless broadband internet and/or home network. This is required so that the ECoS is assigned an IP address and the computer can then talk to the ECoS in a web browser.

There are also instructions for connecting the ECoS directly to your PC/Mac if you don't have a router.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Andrew
"Please refer to the description of the interface on our web page at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.esu.eu/download">www.esu.eu/download</a><!-- w --> should you wish to write your own software. The document is only accessible if you have opened an account on our website using the serial number of your ECoS. You will find more details in chapter 27. "

I therefore need is somebody with access to that area of the website and to grab this "Chapter 27 - Description of the Interface".

Thanks and Regards
Mike
Sounds like the right chapter. It is quite possible that with a rewrite
for the latest EcOS the chapter numbers changed.
Understand all that so far.
What I want is the list of commands SENT by a computer TO the EcOS and
the REPLIES back from the EcOS.

Assuming the manual is a PDF file,

Mike
Oh...

Sorry - don't have a serial number to use. Sad I'm a Digitrax guy. Wink

Chapter 24 that I refer to above has that same statement about getting an account. Chapter 27 is a short list of general repair costs. However, there is a reference to a forum that answers questions about the ECoS and its software. Have you tried there?

The manual is indeed a PDF - about 5MB in size.

Andrew