Micro Enginnering bridge instructions
I bought the Micro Engineering N 320' tall steel viaduct, and there are no instructions for assembling the larger spans. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I would prefer instructions before I start gluing. If you have them, I can accept fax, e-mail, or whatever. If you know where I can look for something like that, let me know. I can't seem to find a website for them. Thanks.
"You did NOT cut a hole in the wall for the train, did you?" - the wife
The Waynesburg Southern
Blue Mountain Aerial Mapping
I used that kit, for the base for a traveling crane, for the building way, with ship under construction, on my Ntrak module. I know I have the instruction set some where, but I have 50 years worth of instruction sets, and it will take me quite a while to sort through them, and, hopefully, find that one. As I recall, the "bridge part" was a deck girder type, and consisted of the girders, and the vertical and horizontal bracing, inside the girders. The assembly was not all that complicated, as I remember, but that was some time ago.
I had cut the bents in half, vertically, to make a perpendicular face on the working side of the crane. I have 8 "bents" in my crane support, and it is about 18"-20" long. I didn't use all the girders. (cant find those parts either)
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I hate it when I get a kit or something that requires assembly and there are no instructions.
I'm not that mechanically inclined to be putting something to gether without some sort of direction. :?
Hopefully you can find what you're looking for.
CANNONBALL
Baby likes to rock it like a boogie-woogie choo-choo train!
I thought this thread was dead. I hope you can find them Sumpter. No biggie if you don't. This kit has very brittle plastic. Many of the parts are busting, even before I snip them off the tree. The only gluing I've done so far is put pieces back together. I'm wondering about the stability of this thing when it becomes a permanent part of the layout. I didn't really want to put together a kit anyways. The only other bridges I liked were pre-assembled truss bridges that run about $200, more than I was willing to pay, but I may have to. Yes, this is a deck girder bridge, the 320' one, which is why I need the instructions. There are instructions for the smaller spans, but since the 320' length is an add-on kit, there were supposed to be additional instructions. That is what I am missing. I should have time to work on it this weekend. Thanks.
The Waynesburg Southern
If the kit is an "add-on", the original instructions should apply to it as well, I think.
I have the original instructions for the HO version of the bridge and could try to scan them for you, if you think that they might be suitable. Let me know what size would work best for you, as it seems I'm always sending stuff to people only to discover that it shows up too big to read or print. 35 35

Wayne
Quote:I thought this thread was dead.
Which is why I responded, it was three days without response.
Quote:This kit has very brittle plastic. Many of the parts are busting, even before I snip them off the tree. The only gluing I've done so far is put pieces back together
This surprises me! I didn't see this problem when I built mine, and have not seen it appear, as the model ages.
When you said "add on", I remembered that those were available, and that I didn't get an "add on kit". I suspect that I had the basic kit, there were only four bents (OK, two towers), which I split into eight bents.
I did find a picture of the 320' kit. The 80' sections, three I believe, are deeper than the 40', but should have the same "pieces", ie. girders, vertical braces, and horizontal braces, which should assemble the same way as the shorter spans.
Is it just the braces that are breaking, or are the girders also breaking?
The company was founded in 1964, so I don't know if this address is still valid, but it's worth a chance. The company is still in business.
Micro Engineering Company
1120 Eagle Rd.
Fenton Mo. 63026
You might be able to get an instruction sheet directly from them, and they might be able to help you with the brittle parts.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
I have scanned the instructions, so, if you're interested, PM your e-mail address to me and I'll send them as attachments.

Wayne
Quote:Is it just the braces that are breaking, or are the girders also breaking?

No breaks in the girders or bents yet, but on the smaller span, all the other parts were busting. I think I have them fixed up okay now, but I don't know how square it will turn out, we'll see. The add on kit seems to come from a different mold, different plastic, so hopefully it is not as brittle. Thanks.
The Waynesburg Southern
Quote:"You did NOT cut a hole in the wall for the train, did you?" - the wife

"Yes, I did" - Ex husband
Sumpter250 Wrote:
Quote:"You did NOT cut a hole in the wall for the train, did you?" - the wife

"Yes, I did" - Ex husband

Actually, she said, "Oh, it's not as big a hole as I thought."
The Waynesburg Southern