L Shaped benchwork in XTrackCad
How do you make varying benchwork shapes in XTrackCad like L shaped benchwork?
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Two rectangles - then use the "modify or extend" tool to adjust the line lengths (mini diagram attached), If you want to make a multi-angled board - use the polyline tool, but remember to end where you started

.xtc   mike.xtc (Size: 1.04 KB / Downloads: 59)
Thanks Jack,

I was using Draw>Straight Objects>Draw Table Edge. I thought that there was an easier way of doing it than that. I like the rectangles idea.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

You can use the "table edge", but I find it easier to go the rectangles route if you are drawing a more or less regular shape - adjust the line width to suit your requirements- you can also draw the table edge on a seperate layer, but I don't bother
How do you adjust the line width? I knew how to do these things in Atlas' Right Track Software.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Mike - sorry to take so long to get back Lady neighbour had a puncture! She felt very deflated! Eek

You can also change colour of line - This one is set to 0, the ones in the XTC file were set to 10
I use the Table edge command, I find it very useful that it snaps into place if you drag it near the end of an existing table edge. Also, the table edge line thickness can't be adjusted, it's stays the same regardless of drawing scale.

Svein
Perfect. Thanks guys. while the XTrackCad Wiki is useful, it still doesn't cover a lot of things.

Jack, don't worry about taking long. I was OK if you gave me an answer tomorrow. Your an asset to the hobby and forum as well as a good neighbor.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Mike - if you follow this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/kBDyTkAy_ToqKaH5IBCT6C0P7g7rmnyzt9V-PpD8SfJGhb-4Vlm0-ZSUSfd-PUv54r6Q2Dx1O3fpzKXX8mdBVQ/Xtrkcad%20%20tutorials.zip">http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/kBDyTkAy_T ... orials.zip</a><!-- m --> andunzip it it will give you tutorials from the Layout Party , a now defunct website that helped a lot of people. XTrkCad is a program thatis idiosyncratic in some ways - not everything is obvious - I tell people to play with it, it won't break, and ask questions, Most find that suddenly, a switch goes "click" inside their head, and everything suddenly makes sense.
Later versions moved some of the menus around - I'm still using the old original one, simply because it does everything I want, and I'm comfortable with it.
What kills me is that I figure out how to do something and then forget how to do it later.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

It comes to us all as we get older! - a little notebook and a pencil are handy 35
Hear hear!!! True dat!!!
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines