jwb's 2012 New Year's Resolution Challenge
The New River Mine is finished, and I've cleaned up the area where it will be in preparation for final placement. The footings are down and surrounded by ballast, and basic scenery has been brought up, with last touches waiting until the structure is in place and can be "dirted in". Then bigger vegetation is in store.    
And here's the assembled mine, in place subject to adjustments, tweaks, touchup, etc.    
Here's my completed entry, or at least, as far as it's going to get by the end of the challenge:        
I accomplished quite a bit: installed the Atlas plate girder bridge, added scenery in the project area, assembled the new Walthers coal mine kit to replace the old one, and blended things in. I didn't get everything done that I started out wanting to to; in particular, I only got partway through an AMB Virginian Cullen station kit, but due to space constraints, I can't install that in the project area anyhow. I got as much ground foam and such installed as I could before I ran out yesterday! I also left the brown area above and to the left of the VGN FM without permanent scenic treatment because I want to install one or more Blair Line company houses there.

But I wouldn't have gotten this far without the challenge to motivate me.
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string