And now for something different !
Awesome project for sure TJ! Hopefully one day we can se it and the rest of the layout in the pages of MR or some other mag.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I really doubt that will happen Mike as the guy is very private and avoids the spotlight .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
WOW! Waveof7 Waveof7
jglfan Wrote:Big Dodger fan here, at least when I was a kid and they had just moved to LA. My father hated them for moving, but I kept the faith.
My dad did, and so did I.........now ?.. I have the Cubs !! " Maybe next year " 357 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
OMG!!!

That is a big undertaking. I gotta get one of those Icon_lol would have to keep it in the back yard Icon_lol

Nice work.
One of our little "shop jokes " is ....When's the kit coming out ?? "

Yeah, and what would we charge ? Thumbsup

T
Model building of a very specific art! And work, work, work! Fantastic!
What are the model dimensions totally? And how many seats?
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
And do those dimensions include the parking lot? Eek
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
The model is not rectangular .....rather like a rhombus with the longest side , 3rd base side , 16 feet , outfield ( which was added on to the original park back in the day ) is about 14 feet .

The customer outsourced the seats ....he bought the mold which he will let us have for any further ball parks .....and there are boxes and boxes of them totalling 31,000 .

No parking lot , Mike , but there will be a road running around the outside of the park . We aren't supplying the lp's so I don't know what the guy has in mind . I do know that he has asked for an access hole at the pitchers mound so he can stick his head through with his Dodger cap on and " be the pitcher ".

The giant baseball and words "EBBETS FIELD" that you can see inside the rotunda were created by Mark .

My part in building all this is cutting , fitting and gluing most of the horizontal pieces you see . All the uprights and webbing were cut on the Epilog Laser by Mark . We use Weldbond glue exclusively because we find it has better strength than other white glues ....just our experience . We buy and use it by the gallon . Virtually everything is made from wood .

Terry
It's completely sick! The scale, the details! Do you have a rough estimate how long it will take to build this structure? Just gluing the 31,000 seats is some feat.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
A model as monumental as this needs some sound effects Big Grin Popcornbeer Big Grin
You'll be looking for a different hobby when you get home at night!
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Here's a lousy picture from the left field bleachers . Our second in command , Joe Lemay , is purposely standing there to give some perspective to the size of the model ......sorry , my flash didn't go off.... :oops:

[Image: ebbets011.jpg]

I don't think the seats will be a problem , Matt , as they are joined together in rows of 14 and they are well ballanced . I think the difficulty will be with all the railings that we will be starting shortly after Joe makes a jig . I think , barring a major "gaff" we will be pretty well done by June .

T
Good luck finding an O scale figure that can hit a home run out of that ball park, but if you do, make sure it's wearing a Brooklyn Dodger uniform. Wink 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I'll try to find a Willie Mays look alike !

T