And now for something different !
teejay Wrote:Kevin , the LP's weren't in the original agreement although that may change . We have suggested that the customer fly out to see us BEFORE delivery so as to avoid any misunderstandings . Although we send him pics and talk on a regular basis , it's best that he see the model in person . He wants the ballprk so badly that I don't think he could tolerate a delay for installing LP's .

T
Sprinkle a bit of snow around and just say that it's the off season. 357 357

BTW, absolutely outstanding work. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I have been following this in awe, I must commend you fellows for this massive undertaking.
I sure hope that we get to see pictures once it is installed and It would be great to have this fellow join this group so we could convince him to show us his entire set-up.
Two thunbs up. :mrgreen:

Thumbsup Thumbsup
Charlie
There will be plenty more pics along the way . I wouldn't hold my breath on the guy getting involved with any forums ....very reclusive and private individual from what I've seen . When he flies out to visit us I'll broach the subject just to see . I hope to get the opportunity to be involved in the installation of the park at the guys place ....15000 + sq.ft. of " layout room " . Confusedhock:

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:There will be plenty more pics along the way . I wouldn't hold my breath on the guy getting involved with any forums ....very reclusive and private individual from what I've seen . When he flies out to visit us I'll broach the subject just to see . I hope to get the opportunity to be involved in the instalation of the park at the guys place ....15000 + sq.ft. of " layout room " . Confusedhock:

T
Yeah, I'm thinking that anyone that can afford to have you guys put this masterpiece together, just wouldn't want to join into they types of things we talk about here. Still, once he gets this installed and the rest of his layout finished, it would be great to have pictures of everything posted here or even just a link to another site or Youtube about the layout. Let's face it, this isn't your everyday modeler here... Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
He needs a ton of work to get the layout "finished " and he's not young , so there's that issue . He's hinting at bringing us out to have a go at the layout . It's an amazing situation .

T
teejay Wrote:He needs a ton of work to get the layout "finished " and he's not young , so there's that issue . He's hinting at bringing us out to have a go at the layout . It's an amazing situation .

T
That makes sense. There are many people that enjoy running trains, but don't have the time, energy or some reason or another, to do the layout work, especially on one the magnitude of this one.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
teejay Wrote:Kevin , the LP's weren't in the original agreement although that may change . He wants the ballprk so badly that I don't think he could tolerate a delay for installing LP's . T

Icon_lol Icon_lol As I remember, if the Dodgers were playing at Ebbets, the seats were full !- - - then again, memories can take on a lot of fiction over time. " Dem Bums, Dem beautiful Bums "

There probably not enough LPB's made, to model the streets around Ebbets, at the end of the seventh game of the 1955 World Series. !!!!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Yeah, and period LPBs at that! Remember that the guys wore hats and ties to the game back then!
We did peruse pics of the streets and buildings around the park ...was kinda dumpy around there ....not in a run down or slum sense , but just a hodge-podge of everything . Yeah , folks did dress up then , to a game , a movie , restaurant etc . No piercings and tattoos like today . Goldth

If we do the Polo Grounds ( NY Giants ) we will be modelling the area surrounding the park and it is going to be a huge project . We've allotted 1800 hours for that one and will have our work cut out .

T
Absolutely stunning! Eek Worship Worship Worship

Wayne
Another week or so goes by and ...more pics .

First a little preamble . It's fair to say that a project of this magnitude and complexity sort of grabs hold of you from time to time . The five of us will be working away and suddenly get into a serious discussion about how a " baseball fan at Ebbets " could see from this or that seat , or how much knee room there would be in the corner seats , or whether the guard rails would restrict eyesight .....then we all look at each other and go " Holy Crap , we're building a MODEL here !! " ......then laugh and put some oldies music on the radio . It's almost another world for several hours a day ....and we know the finish line is close at hand .

seats , seats and more seats
[Image: ebbets050.jpg]
[Image: ebbets049.jpg]
...you can see the red railings ( brass .032 ) and red mesh/chain link ...about 3/4 of the seats are installed .
the press box has been built ( center of picture ) and is lit

[Image: ebbets051.jpg]

[Image: ebbets052.jpg]

screens in the real pressbox were all askew so we modelled it that way ....
...further work on the ramps leading to the 2 level refreshment stand and we also have been permanently installing some of the outer skin .

[Image: ebbets048.jpg]

[Image: ebbets047.jpg]

I guess .032 brass wire has gone up ...guy just delivered a package of 500 one foot pieces ....$500 !!! Geez ! More railings to build .

T
Then we went crazy and built some laser cut chairs for the box seats ( 8 pieces each ) ....and emblazoned the Ebbets Field logo on them thanks to a laser cut ...

[Image: ebbets053.jpg]

...I think this one is a little "out there " Goldth

T
teejay Wrote:Then we went crazy ....
You guys make me speechless Thumbsup
ps. crazy and genius are very close friends Big Grin
Reinhard