Color for Engine House
What color wall of Engine House?? Blue or gray or ....? [Image: smilie_085.gif]

help me and thank you

sorry my bad english :|
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
Hi Harry,

I assumed you meant INSIDE? Here are interior pictues of a cinder block engine house...gray.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=railroad+engine+house&view=detail&id=DBA5E4A36667EA6E674E33D0985CF2A3047B3FED&first=61&FORM=IDFRIR">http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=rai ... ORM=IDFRIR</a><!-- m -->
Ralph
Thank you Ralph Cheers

I mean outside. (I'm building for scale 1:220) Wink

Harry

Scale Z and N
Harry: where is the enginehouse? And how old?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Diesel, from 1950 to today ????

I have the Diesel GP7, GP9 and GP35

Harry

Scale Z and N
If it is wood construction with clap board siding then it is a safe bet that the structure was painted Oxide (Box Car) Red. Misngth
If it is a model of a prototype, a little research should give you the proper color. If it is a freelance, you could do as I did.
The engine house, and other railroad structures, are painted the same yellow as the rolling stock, and locos. ( that reduces the number of colors the railroad has to keep in stock, and, it's less expensive to purchase in bulk.)

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Mine is a steel building and I went for beige with brown trim.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I was going to say red/red oxide , but perhaps the traditional colours in Germany were something else in 1950's + ?

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Okay, my friend, now I know humble. Thumbsup

Mike, your engine at home is good. Thumbsup Cheers

Thank you for your help. Cheers

Harry

Scale Z and N
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Mine is a steel building and I went for beige with brown trim.
Does the bay door operate?
I put my pictures here:

[Image: image.php?mode=medium&album_id=187&image_id=4176]

[Image: image.php?album_id=187&image_id=4177]

[Image: image.php?album_id=187&image_id=4178]

[Image: image.php?album_id=187&image_id=4175]

Everything with my little laser machine. Wink

All are house from Finnboard

>>>>> Finn cardboard (actually machines Finnish wood pulp) is a cardboard-like material that is used mainly in modeling and as an aid in various design tasks.

She is very good with the cutter (in conjunction with a metal ruler) to process and available in various thicknesses and dimensions, the surface (s) are usually not pure white but slightly gray, often there is a smooth and a coarse side. Commercially, they are usually offered in large formats from 70 x 100 cm (27.5 × 39.4 ") and thickness of 1 mm (850 g / m²) to 3 mm (1500 g / m²). <<<<<

Harry

Scale Z and N
Nice little structures. Of the two colors, I personally prefer the tan. Thumbsup
The stripes don't do anything for me , personally , since I think most engine houses would be more subdued in colour ...atleast any that I've seen .

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
For a relatively modern structure like that, blue is a great choice. For a slightly older structure, I'd use a caboose red. Once you get back earlier than that, I prefer straw yellow or a red-brown.
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->