A new visitor...
...to Lowbanks rolled out of the carshop today, and a local railfan was there to capture the moment as Mogul 34 provided the power.
Acting on a tip from an insider, our intrepid cameraman arrived just as the 34 was pulling up to the shop doors:

[Image: photographs002.jpg]

It took a few minutes to charge the brake system...

[Image: photographs003.jpg]

...then the newcomer was drawn from the darkness of the shops and into the sunlight:

[Image: photographs004.jpg]

[Image: photographs005.jpg]

The 34's crew paused to allow an unofficial portrait...

[Image: photographs008.jpg]

...then hustled away, pushing their charge out towards the main:

[Image: photographs010.jpg]

As the short train backed along the passing main, the "Bee" waited patiently on the station main:

[Image: photographs011.jpg]

Clattering over the crossover, it became apparent that the new car was to be added onto the Bee's rear coupler:

[Image: photographs013.jpg]

Within minutes, airhoses were connected and the 34 was cut off...

[Image: photographs015.jpg]

...and within seconds, the Bee began her eastward flight:

[Image: photographs017.jpg]

Our photographer later learned that the ex-Pennsy RPO had been in the shops for some minor modifications and, of course, the re-paint into EG&E colours. It was travelling locked and not in-service, for delivery to postal officials at the Grand Valley's West Dunn Yard. After inspection and acceptance, it would be transferred to owner EG&E to be put into service.

The model is from an undecorated Walthers kit, part of their "Broadway Limited" train. I modified the distinctive Pennsy-style porthole windows in the doors into rectangular ones, and replaced the cast-on plastic steps with homemade metal ones. Everything else on the car is from the kit, with paint from Accupaint and Floquil and C-D-S dry transfer lettering.

[Image: photographs018.jpg]

Wayne
Good job Wayne Thumbsup excellent addition to the roster.

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
Agreed! Another fine addition to your roster Wayne. Thumbsup
What else to say.... Cheers Cheers The backdrops and scenery are amazing as well. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Smile

The car certainly wasn't one which I "needed", but the moment I saw it, I was smitten. Misngth Mister Nutbar and I had made a planned detour to English' Model Railroad Supply as we were returning home from our excellent railroad adventure with our good friend Charlie.
The car, one of two available, was marked-down from its original close-to-$80.00 price and I would have bought both had I had the money. I looked up photos of the real ones, and the model appears to be quite faithful to the original, including those bottom step-rungs mounted on the truck sideframes - I had assumed them to be a model-inspired modification to allow operation on our often too-tight curves. I hope Pennsy fans will forgive the modifications which I made, especially to the porthole-type windows. Wink Misngth

Here's a photo of one of the real ones: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/prr6535.jpg">http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/prr6535.jpg</a><!-- m -->

In addition to having a great time shopping in the store, Lee English gave us a personal tour of Bowser's model making facility, and we got not only a better understanding of what goes into making our "toys", but also an opportunity to meet some of the people behind the process. A very fitting cap to a very enjoyable five day get-away. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
ezdays Wrote:What else to say.... Cheers Cheers The backdrops and scenery are amazing as well. Thumbsup

Cheers Worship Thumbsup Cheers
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
Another exquisite work Wayne! Passengers will be pleased!

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Here's to another fine example of our friend's excellent modeling.... Cheers
Gotta love it..!!
Gus (LC&P).