Vigdis building "Billy"
Wow what a great loco so far Thumbsup and a great shade of blue.
It's alive, ALIVE..!!! 2285_

Here's a short video from the first test run at the kitchen counter this evening:
http://www.hjemstad.no/videos/Billy-first-run.mp4

Still a lot of adjustments and fine tuning to get it to run smooth, but now we're getting somewhere! Big Grin
Hurray and congratulation. A new steamer is born 2285_
Reinhard
That's gorgeous..!! I'll bet you were both whooping it up..!!

It also brought back some very fond memories...Back when I was a young 'un, Santa brought us (a brother and myself) a stationary boiler and a whole set of accessories that were powered by the boiler...It kept me entertained for many a Wisconsin night...

I'd give my miserable fortune to have it back...
Gus (LC&P).
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Wow, it really is alive now! Congrats Thumbsup

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
After several days with test runs under the kitchen fan, followed by minor adjustments and new test runs, it was finally time to take the engine outside and put in on the tracks. Here's a video from Billy's first run on the tracks today, under a beautiful Easter sun but with a rather chilly wind:

http://www.hjemstad.no/videos/Billy-firs...utside.mp4

Svein
Sorry I didn't notice this sooner Svein, a great moment!

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
Wow, live steam train train Nice track work too.
That's great!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
A year between the last 2 posts. any updates here.
Charlie
I'm afraid there's not much to report. Vigdis has done some minor stuff; finished the cab floor and mounted the battery box and R/C servos with linkage, but other than some test running and servo/linkage adjustment, Billy has pretty much been sitting on the shelf.

Hopefully there will be some more action this summer, as we recently got hold of several Brandbright passenger car kits to put behind this little loco once it's finished. Brandbright is closing down due to retirement, but we were lucky enough to stock up on quite a few kits from our local L/S dealer before they were all sold out.
Svein, I know how this can happen, but as you say construction will commence when the time is right. We will look forward to that.
Charlie
Svein,
Hoping to see an update. I have decided that Billy will be my first live steam kit. Hoping to order one this spring. Would love to see more photos from you and Vigdis...

Dave
-Dave
Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to say that Vigdis and I broke up in November. She moved out, and I'm now left alone with both the house and the garden railway. We're still friends though, and have regular contact.

We agreed that while I keep most of the train stuff, Billy is her engine, and she wants to finish it. I don't know when, but if I get to follow her work and take some pics along the way, I will continue to update this thread.