My GE 70 Tonner Project.
Here's a couple of shots of my GE 70 Tonner project.

I should have took a before shot since this engine was in terrible condition. Wallbang

I still need to add a nonworking beacon and rerail frogs.I added silver to the handrails to indicate usage.I still need to add yellow to the bottom steps and maybe old silver for worn spots on the steps.Of course some body rust.

I've also set the,start voltage speed step and momentum(used my MRC Tech 6 in DCC mode).This engine will gain speed slowly and will come to a slow stop.

[Image: 003-33.jpg]

[Image: 005-24.jpg]
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Larry, do you have any problems getting the paint to stay on the handrails?
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike, Absolutely! That was one reason the engine was in deplorable shape.I painted the handrails when I first got the engine 5 or 6 years ago and 80% of it rubbed off.I also added sun shades over the cab windows.It looked rather nice.

I suspect its best to place these engines on the layout and only touch them for maintenance.

BTW.I use Floquil Dark Green for the rails,Polly S Steam Power Black for the trucks,fuel tank and pilot.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
I have two of the origonal dual motored 70 tonners .People keep telling me that the motors are prone to failure.Well I keep wondering how soon that will happen as these units are almost 15 years old and everything works just fine.I also have one of the new DCC equipted N scle units and plan to buy the HO version for the club layout.(maybe even two of them) Eek
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Yep = I have several of the twin motor 44 & 70 tonners - none have ever caused ANY problem - and I even bought a spare motor just in case direct from the factory
Wrong thread 35