Old Structures
Charlie B Wrote:Beaver Pa. Old P&LE freight station
Sometime things do get better. Compare these from 1978[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
To these taken several days ago[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Charlie

Not sure , are the tracks still there, because if they are now missing, it's hardly an improvement ;-)

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
CSX main (old P&LE)
Charlie
Nice photos everyone.
The photos of western Pa. bring back memories. Especially College station.
I remember it in the 60s, My dad knew most of the crew working the College yard, we would get to ride in the switcher occasionally depending on who was working that day. I also remember the engine house and turntable at College.
The engine house was still there when we moved here in 02 but the turntable pit had been filled in by then.
Ray Marinaccio
Ray, I didn't know yoiu werer from this area. I operated the Hydro plant that was on the Paterson Dam that was built in 1983. I worked there from 83 untill Jan of 95.
I got pretty familar with Beaver Falls then, but lots has changed. The whole area around Colledge is pretty much gone.
Here is a picture of the Rochester, Pa train station in November of 1976    
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Ray, I didn't know yoiu werer from this area.
I grew up just outside of Koppel, then bought a house in North Sewickly.
Ray Marinaccio
Thjis was the old Harmony Railroad freight house in Beaver Falls, Pa. It was a wholsale tire store when this was taken, and shortly after that it was torn down for a new highway.    
Charlie
I came on this nifty conveyor that I have driven by for 55 years without ever looking at it. I will make it a point to document it to the fullest very soon. It is located near an old brick plant and I am guessing it was to unload barges (the Ohio River) is right behind me. Of course it may have just unloaded hopper cars.    
Charlie