" The Train "
The outstanding movie , The Train , starring Burt Lancaster and Jeanne Moreau ....and a neat cast of unknown train yard workers , is on this weekend . If you have never seen it , I highly recommend this black and white movie set in occupied France during WW2 .

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Thanks for this heads-up. I'll check our TV schedule and set the DVR to record it. We both like old movies much better than the new ones. We watched a bunch of black and whites around Halloween, some great classic spookies. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hey guys, what channel and time????????????????
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Mike , up here it was on TVO last night at midnight ....not going to help you much now ...but because it is Rememberence Day in Canada , the movie will probably run several times .......check your listings ! I suspect there will be several showings .
Our cable TV has a search function where you can go to it , plug in " The Train : and it will tell you when and where it's on . I don't do this , my wife does ....I'm not smart enough Goldth

T
teejay Wrote:The outstanding movie , The Train , starring Burt Lancaster and Jeanne Moreau ....and a neat cast of unknown train yard workers , is on this weekend . If you have never seen it , I highly recommend this black and white movie set in occupied France during WW2 .

Terry

I've watch that movie several times and never forget how the railway workers would sabotage the locomotives and switch controls knowing all to well if they got caught they would be shot.

We all remember the soldiers that fought and died but,how about remembering the resistance fighters that help clear the way for the Allies? If these brave fighters was caught they would be tortured by the SS or Gestapo for information and then taken out and shot.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Paul Scofield was really good as the bad guy Nazi .

Yeah , Larry , we have much to be thankful for . Remember that many of these men and women were mere teenagers ....remember what dumb-asses we were as a teen ? .....and they had life and death decisions to make every day . We owe them a lot .

T
Yes, I know this movie since more than 15 years and I have seen it three times or more about the years. A really good and very realistic movie about the resistance in France - and produced after a real theme while the WW II.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Don , you were saying you watched a lot of B & W movies around Halloween ....musta seen Young Frankenstein ...one of my all time favs ....probably watched it 20 times and still laugh my butt off

..........put the candle back !
........Frau Blucher ....... Thumbsup Thumbsup , geez , don't get me going

T
teejay Wrote:Don , you were saying you watched a lot of B & W movies around Halloween ....musta seen Young Frankenstein ...one of my all time favs ....probably watched it 20 times and still laugh my butt off

..........put the candle back !
........Frau Blucher ....... Thumbsup Thumbsup , geez , don't get me going

T

We did, we have Young Frankenstein on DVD and watch it probably once a month, Halloween or not. We also have Dracula. We were disappointed when we recored Frankenstein, The Son of Frankenstein and The Wolfman, only to find they cut out big chunks to fit into the time slot. Thank you Ted Turner... Curse We keep looking for them on disk, there's nothing like the classics, or, Young Frankenstein, which is becoming a classic.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
For those that can't find it on TV you can watch it for free on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/70571">http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/70571</a><!-- m --> . I just did and it is an excellent movie and a good reminder of all the underground fighters that helped to make the Allies victory possible. You will have to put with few commercials but near as many as on T.V.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I clicked on to it Mike and it says " can only be watched in the U.S. " Goldth Goldth . For Canadians the TVO ( TV Ontario ) is a good deal because there are NO commercials .

T
You can see the movie if you have in addition to your local account an US provider that supports tunneling. I can connect to the internet and look like an Austin or LA user. That works fine for a lot of purposes and also for this movie.
YouTube blocks a lot of stuff in Germany due to local music rights issues.
Reinhard
There are a lot of old horror classics that scared us as kids back in the 50s..

I never will forget covering my head up when the mummy first appeared in "The Mummy" with Boris Karloff..I was watching this movie on "Chiller Theater" that was on every Friday night at 11:30 pm right after the news."Frankenstein" with Boris Karloff scared me just as equally..

Like most kids back then I was allowed to stay up "late" Friday or Saturday night but,if I stayed up late Saturday night I still had to get up early Sunday and go to Sunday school and attend Church services.My mother was strict about that up to her death in '58..Dad was more lenient in such matters..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
The one that scared the crap out of me , as a kid , was Creature from the Black Lagoon . I closed my eyes through most of it ......saw it a few months ago on TV and wondered what I was so scared of back then Misngth

T
If you have Netflix you can get the dvd from them. It includes a "making of" special feature you will love!