What Browser do you use ?
ezdays Wrote:...Wow, someday they'll invent a small, hand-held, device you carry around and can actually talk to someone....
Well, that would be an improvement. So far my iPhone receives only commands from my little boss telling what I must not forget shopping Wink

But it is very handy when we do shopping together. I take a seat somewhere and read Big Blue forum and do not disturb here important shopping sessions any more.
Reinhard
ezdays Wrote:Wow, someday they'll invent a small, hand-held, device you carry around and can actually talk to someone. You would think they'd have that by now, but all I see are kids walking along and pushing buttons on something in their hand. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: Can you imagine, running Firefox, IE9 and Win8 on those devices, watching TV and movies and not be able to talk to anyone because they're phones that are bigger than then an old CRT television set. 357 357

LOL, Don. Try being a single guy right now and meeting a nice young lady, who complains she can't figure out how to contact me because I don't have a "phone". I explained to her that I have a phone at my house, and one at my desk at work. But, she didn't understand, because to her, a phone was something you "text" on, and not "talk" on. Needless to say, that relationship went nowhere.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
nachoman Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Wow, someday they'll invent a small, hand-held, device you carry around and can actually talk to someone. You would think they'd have that by now, but all I see are kids walking along and pushing buttons on something in their hand. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: Can you imagine, running Firefox, IE9 and Win8 on those devices, watching TV and movies and not be able to talk to anyone because they're phones that are bigger than then an old CRT television set. 357 357

LOL, Don. Try being a single guy right now and meeting a nice young lady, who complains she can't figure out how to contact me because I don't have a "phone". I explained to her that I have a phone at my house, and one at my desk at work. But, she didn't understand, because to her, a phone was something you "text" on, and not "talk" on. Needless to say, that relationship went nowhere.

Yup, both my sons says not to call the house anymore. One no longer has a landline, the other says that the handset is somewhere in the house, but they don't know where. Nope Everyone has a cell phone that they can talk without saying a word. Yeah, I have a few as well, I took about four of them out of the drawer to see if their batteries were still charged.... They weren't. Confusedhock: They are so old that they probably would have to run on Dos 6.0 for an OS, and Netscape 1.0 for Internet access. 357 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
teejay Wrote:I hear a lot of people talking about Firefox , not only here but elsewhere . I'm just not as well versed in all this mumbo-jumbo as you guys are .......started out with Win2k back in about 2002 and switched to XP on the professional advice of a guy on RRL forum ( Bill Loye ) and have stuck with that OS . I should probably take a look at Win 7 or 8 but can't justify the $$$ at this time .
I'll plug along with Chrome for a while and , if I run in to issues , take another look at Firefox .

T
I have tried other browsers but always return to IE. It just seems that the others want to run add ons all the time to function.

I just got a refurbished Dell running win 7. Had it a week, I ordered win XP pro for it tonight. Microsoft will never learn that if it isn't broke don't fix it. There are enough things that need fixed that it shouldn't be a problem for them to find something to do. I have too many programs I use that won't run right with 7 and the virtual XP download is a help, but it takes too long to load the programs.

Charlie b
So far , I've noticed that Chrome is much faster than IE on my computer and has avoided a couple of other annoying glitches I could never fix on IE ....nothing major , just annoying .

The only thing I miss from IE is the " add to favourites " bar that Chrome doesn't have ....they have "bookmarks " but it is handled a little differently .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:So far , I've noticed that Chrome is much faster than IE on my computer and has avoided a couple of other annoying glitches I could never fix on IE ....nothing major , just annoying .

The only thing I miss from IE is the " add to favourites " bar that Chrome doesn't have ....they have "bookmarks " but it is handled a little differently .

T
When I installed Chrome, I did an "import bookmarks" and I wound up with all my bookmarks on a toolbar just like I have them on Firefox. I did the same with IE and wound up with a "Favorites" list that resembles my program list and the "Favorites bar" is empty, even though I directed it to import them from Firefox and have the favorites bar enabled. I still can't find them and it really doesn't matter since I rarely use IE anyway, but it is frustrating to know that these things don't work as straightforward in IE as they do in other browsers.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Well, gee...my avatar just disappeared. Now what?
You have to move to Canada or Germany ...we have the superior avitars , know what I'm sayin' 357 357 357 357 357

T
MountainMan Wrote:Well, gee...my avatar just disappeared. Now what?

Don't know, I see it. Is it back for you????
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Yours isn't showing here either , Don .

T
I have IE9 and Google crome.I like both but,crome seems faster.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
teejay Wrote:Yours isn't showing here either , Don .

T

You're kidding me, I can see mine and a lot of others.... that is until I log in here using IE, then they start to be replace with a box and "user avatar" in place of a pic. Using Chrome is OK as well.
My oh my, I guess we have some work to do.... Wallbang Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don, I am using Firefox and your avatar isn’t showing either!
Kurt
Don , right now on this thread I CAN'T see you , Mountainman or Nachoman's avitar .The others are OK .

T
teejay Wrote:Don , right now on this thread I CAN'T see you , Mountainman or Nachoman's avitar .The others are OK .

T

I am befuddled, I'll work on it more in the morning when my mind is in gear and I can think better. 35 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and