Anyone have SNOW yet ?
Ed, you only need to clear enough so you can go railfanning.....You are retired now, the important things change. Icon_lol
Charlie
Looks like there is a shovel in my future too . The way the wind swirls around our house , it takes most of the snow off the lawn and plunks it on the driveway . Waiting for a neighborhood kid to knock on the door is a waste of time ....so I'm elected . We ended up with about 5" of snow after yesterday . Wallbang

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I can still see the blades of grass sticking up through.....but the little snow we do have here, has been here for several days now. Guess I won't be seeing any warm-up, until Spring Icon_lol Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Ours came a couple of hours after Teejay's - during the night. Shovelled once this morning and it was moderately heavy for a couple of inches. The guy across the street brought his snowblower over while we were out and cleared the windrows from the snowplough.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Must admit I didn't shovel snow today ...one job I hate ....hoped the sun would help me out . Unfortunately it was a little too cold out for any melting . Maybe tomorrow . Looks like it was a pretty widespread storm .
Here's our little girl in the snow...

Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Toronto, Ontario, Dominion of Canada
Ontario Narrow Gauge Show
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog
I recognize the expression .....our Pug , Darla , refuses to go unless I clear out a spot for her . She can hold out for a day if it comes down to a standoff . Smile

T
Here is what our two Samoyeds do in the snow. The first time this winter that the mud isn't all over them.    
The snow acts like a dry cleaner for them.
My mother has a pug and I understand how bad the deep snow is for the little short haired furkids. Goldth
Charlie
I'll have to show my wife , Bonnie , of her namesake in the snow Smile . I used to have a Norwegian Elkhound years ago that went crazy in the snow .
teejay Wrote:I recognize the expression .....our Pug , Darla , refuses to go unless I clear out a spot for her . She can hold out for a day if it comes down to a standoff . Smile

T

The bus stops at our front door and Penny loves to ride the bus... She likes the snow but she hates her winter boots. She'd be fine barefoot except that there's so much salt and slush. So I use my Metropass, we hop on the bus and ride a few blocks. Then she has no choice but to waddle back home in her booties. Cheers
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Toronto, Ontario, Dominion of Canada
Ontario Narrow Gauge Show
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog
Hello Everyone---more snow today (YAHOO Nope Nope Nope )---think I'll stay indoors and play with my trains

[Image: P11503352.jpg]

[Image: P1150336.jpg]
We were to get 1 to 3 last night, I just got done cleaning the driveway, we got 8 more inches, that totals 16 to 17 this week. Enough is enough.
Charlie
Have a modest 5 inches of snow, far too many accidents on the highways to even get anywhere, perhaps tomorrow
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Another 5 inches tonight.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Ed, what's the total there? You guys are really getting hammered.
Charlie