Poll: What are some of your other hobbies?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Scale modeling-other than trains
6.15%
12 6.15%
R/C-cars, planes, boats
3.08%
6 3.08%
Geocaching
1.03%
2 1.03%
Construction
3.08%
6 3.08%
Woodworking
5.64%
11 5.64%
Electronics
6.15%
12 6.15%
Art
3.08%
6 3.08%
Automobile restoration
4.62%
9 4.62%
Target shooting-guns/bow & arrow
6.15%
12 6.15%
Writing-poems or stories
1.03%
2 1.03%
Cooking, baking
4.10%
8 4.10%
Sewing, knitting, crocheting
0%
0 0%
Sports-indoor
0.51%
1 0.51%
Sports-outdoor
2.05%
4 2.05%
Motorsports
4.10%
8 4.10%
Photography
7.69%
15 7.69%
Music
6.67%
13 6.67%
Jewelry making
0%
0 0%
Reenactment
0%
0 0%
Mind games- such as crosswords or chess
1.03%
2 1.03%
Collecting (other than trains)
7.18%
14 7.18%
Other hobby not on this list (let us know)
7.69%
15 7.69%
Fishing/hunting
3.59%
7 3.59%
Hiking/jogging/running
2.56%
5 2.56%
Gardening
2.56%
5 2.56%
Video gaming
6.15%
12 6.15%
Stamp/coin collecting
2.56%
5 2.56%
Astronomy
1.54%
3 1.54%
Total 195 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What are your other hobbies
Just for the record - I was surprised to see Geocaching listed Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Tyson - No Cell Phone needed - You use a handheld GPSr;. There are different "levels" to it, but basically it's hiking and learning about the area and also history. I've learned a LOT in the 5 years I've been caching. i also have set out 5 that teach railroad history, I've received a lot of compliments about them too, from the people that have found them.....

I also have a cell phone (Galaxy) I too, will never own anything with an "i" in front of it...

My phone now has about 40 apps in it, GPS, Electronics, Photography, Astronomy etc and I NEVER take it out of my pocket while driving, except to glance at it if and when someone does call me. I never answer it unless I'm at a red light or stopped somewhere quiet. We even have a "No Cell Phone" rule at work.. so they know if i don't answer - there's a good reason Big Grin Big Grin

As far as my "other hobby" You may have caught it above.. Astronomy - i dabble in photographing the Moon and planets when there's an interesting conjunction Smile

I'm also like visiting the local Renaissance Faire in costume (garb).. It's sort of reenacting the time of Queen Elizabeth I 1500's to 1600's roughly.. Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh CRAPPPPPPP. I tried to add a few more options to the list, and as you can see, the voting reset to zero. I remember over at the other place, you could extend a voting poll without this happening.....

Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang Curse Curse Curse Curse :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
What to do, well, I guess I gotta ask, if you've already added your hobbies, please go back and do it again.

I used my back button and was able to retrieve the votes up to this point. Here's how the votes were then:

Quote:Scale modeling-other than trains - 3
R/C-cars, planes - 2
Geocaching - 1
Construction - 2
Woodworking - 4
Electronics - 5
Art - 2
Automobile restoration - 4
Target shooting-guns/bow & arrow - 4
Writing-poems or stories - 3
Cooking, baking - 3
Sewing, knitting, crocheting - 0
Sports-indoor - 2
Sports-outdoor - 2
Motorsports - 3
Photography - 11
Music - 5
Jewelry making - 0
Reenactment - 0
Mind games- such as crosswords or chess - 2
Collecting (other than trains) - 5
Other hobby not on this list (let us know) 10

Also note that I added a couple of new categories as follows, and I'll assure you I won't ever do that again, ever!!!! I promise.. :oops:

Quote:Fishing/hunting
Hiking/jogging/running
Gardening
Video gaming
Stamp/coin collecting
Astronomy
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
That'll teach you to remember:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:That'll teach you to remember:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! Icon_lol

At least I didn't lock you out this time........ 357 357 357 35 35 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Somewhat like Robert , I enjoy walking .....a good brisk walk of a mile in winter ( daily ) and about 3 miles in good weather .......I really enjoy it . What amazes me is that I see so few others walking and if they do they have their cell phone !!! Gimme a break . Leave the $%#@$ cell phone where it belongs , breath the fresh air , enjoy the views . Well , I like it . 357

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
ezdays Wrote:At least I didn't lock you out this time........ 357 357 357 35 35 35
Yeah - We'll give you a Gold Star for the day Smile Smile Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Live steam...nothing like bringing a crusted machine back to life, and it gives me an appreciation for what it took to keep the real ones working...

Before...

[Image: IMG_1281-640.jpg]

After...

[Image: IMG_2942a.jpg]

[Image: th_Krickshortie.jpg]
...prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits...

My blog>>> <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com">http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
I didn't pick music, I still have to find a human disliking music, so I don't see it as something that categorize people! ;-)

Other hobbies are modelism other than trains: it includes mainly resin garage kits, often kitbashing them. This is followed by ships in bottles, a few airplanes (very rare) and building from scratch all kind of old buildings (mainly rural structures like barns and old houses). Except resin kits, it's been years since I've built plastic models. I find them utterly boring. You put them together, then on a shelf and they kind of "die" there. Trains and figures are somewhat different to me because I feel like I have to put a little bit of soul in them. No other plastic models can bring this feeling of fulfillment to me than model railroading.

I also collect vinyl records as a sideline (the serious collection is foreign, the other part is a patchwork of old records inherited from people around me or at flea market). The funny thing is that I never bought a single music CD in my life, but bought brand new vinyl records many times! I live in the past!

Reading is also a large part of my life, but I must admit most things I read nowadays are on the screen. I can't pinpoint a subject, I can read almost anything from novel to historic and scientific stuff. Following discoveries about planets is a thing I enjoy the most. Stars bore me, but not planets, there's just like an open box of possibilities.

I also have an interest in visual arts, from cinema to drawing. It's very random. As far as I can remember, I've been drawing. In the recent years, I've done mostly posters and ads for small events and also some animation works for a local festival. I enjoy the creativity of this hobby, because you can learn a lots of new technics to express ideas and concepts. If I wasn't involved in architecture, I'll probably would have gone that way.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
I'm into scale model cars and trucks .I not only do my train scales but also 1:64 th .I love music and play banjo,guitar,mandolin,and dulcimer.Theb only problemis Ihave so much arthuritis in my hands it is getting to painful to play any of them.

I am also into computers,science ( my thirst for knowledge is as strong now as when I was a kid).I also find ancient history totally fascinating.Oh and inspite of all their shortcomings I still find humans extremely interesting. Nope :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
My non-rail hobby list is short.I like fishing,reading western novels and playing RPGs like Final Fantasy and NASCAR racing games.I still favor the PS1 and PS2 game systems.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Building model ships, though I haven't built any in a while. Sold off most of them. Still have the Queen Mary, RMS Titanic, USS Pennsylvania.

Building computers. Built the one I'm using now from the ground up with generic parts so I can get replacements anywhere. I also rebuild old computers. I recently got my hands on an old Apple IIe computer. That's two of them that I have now. The recent acquisition has 64k RAM, the other has 128k RAM. Both are from the early 80's and are in good working order. Once in a while I set one up and play some games on it or write a program just for the heck of it.

I used to rebuild cars but had to give it up due to health problems.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
"Tyson - No Cell Phone needed - You use a handheld GPSr;. "

Mikey the only GPS I have is the one I was born with. The electronic ones to me are a Darwinism tool. If someone needs a GPS to find their way from point A to point B maybe they need to be part of the thinning of the herd program. Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Mike,

GPS on your phone can help others find you in case of a emergency .As long as the phone is on and the GPS activated they can find you if you can't call for help.I alway have my phone on when I am away from home.Other than that my cell phone is just a telephone.I do not text or play games on it.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt Wrote:Mike,

GPS on your phone can help others find you in case of a emergency .As long as the phone is on and the GPS activated they can find you if you can't call for help.I alway have my phone on when I am away from home.Other than that my cell phone is just a telephone.I do not text or play games on it.

I'm with you, we have a cell phone in each vehicle, neither one does anything fancy other than make calls. To be sure, one of them hasn't been activated for over a year now, but we keep it since all phones, even ones that are deactivated are suppose to be able to call 911. If we need to call someone, there's no reason why we can't do it before we go out, or after we get back. Probably, if I was still in the workplace or we had a really active social life, I'd feel differently about that. We even have built in GPS in both vehicles, but rarely turn it on since we usually know where we're going and how to get there. If we were traveling far away from home, then a cell phone and GPS would be essential tools to have, but we'd still not need to send a text message to anyone. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
As far as the GPS in the phones, supposedly when you dial 911 the GPS automatically turns on, even if you have it turned off..... and yes, it's so the rescuers can find you.

I leave it on when I'm hiking, just in case. That way God forbid if I ever have to make that call, when I say "I'm in Grist Mill Park", I don't hear: "Where??? Grist Mill Park has 5 miles of trails"!!! Eek
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75