Walthers Crossing Light
Hey Gang: I'm about to convert to the world of DCC, but have a question on something else..I have one of the Walthers Crossing llghts, the single lane overhead light..It says not to use with DCC..I was thinking this light is independent from the track, so why would it not work, whether the track is on DC or DCC..My thinking is this, if this light has its own power source and is not connected to the track, why wouldn't it work? The sensors would be in the track between the rails, the power would come from and old power pack or transformer , nothing would touch the DCC rails, Why wouodnt it work? I'm sure you've figured out by now I am not DCC inclined , or I guess to be politicaly correct,
I'm electonicly challenged.. 35 Any Help with this is greatly appreciated..
P.S. I got a sweet deal on a Digitrax Super Chief system , I figured all I really needed was the Zephyr set..but with a deal like this I couldn't resist... :hey: $225.00 and it's new , box has never been opened, someone stiffed the owner of the LHS I go to...A big Thank You to whoever it was! 2285_
M. Sullivan
Division Superintendent
St. Louis Division
Chessie System Railroads
My guess is, its only a guess, is that they don't want you powering the signal using the track buss wires.
If its being powered by a seperate power source, I don't see a problem.
Then again I could be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
I have something along the same lines running on my layout. I have a Zephyr, and I love it. However, I use my DC controller to run the lights, the 1 crossing I have, switches... basically everything else. I know I could use my Digitrax to run my switches, but I decided that for simplicity sake, I would keep it this way and it all runs fine.
[Image: np_F-1ani.gif][Image: goog.gif]
You should be fine using your old dc power pack for all your assesories.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Do your crossing lights have LED's or bulbs¿