Old S kits from locomotive works
These are what I would guess are old pre 70's ??? vintage kits and are kinda on the crude side but not without potential. They are cast styrene parts and have a bit of flash to be trimed mostly on the smaller parts. Here are 5 pics of the new mess I have stired up on my work bench. There are only one assembly diagram to go by and the instuctions are not much better. the sides are about right length but the height and width look a bit off scale compared to other S rollingstock I have.

Too what cars are you comparing them to for your width? Are the ends wider than 1&7/8"? I'm not positive but I seem to recall seeing ads for those kits in the post 1970 time frame. They had some interesting engine kits also. I've never seen one of those kits built up so I'm looking forward to see your work.

Greg
Greg,
I will have to measure the width to be sure as I have some AF rolling stock, one k-line S box and 3 S scale Pacific Rail shop box cars. Next to the k-line box they would be smaller as the K-line is a bit big(might be 0-27 on s trucks) any ways I have a thread going on the scratch/Kit-bash part of this forum I will build one up as far as I can go as is, the rest I might modify a little bit as my eyes can not see the rivet detail well they may stand out better once they are painted. The parts are kinda white and some are almost see threw except the roof which is black and has an almost wax like feel to it.

I found these at Scenery Unlimited they are in the warehouse clearance part of their website, a box of 6 kits for $25.00 mine were loose parts less trucks and couplers.