Ez's 2013 duff challenge
Very nice! Thumbsup Cheers Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Looking good Don!
The next giant step, I thought the small, flat hill in the corner would make a good grazing pasture.

This is the area I'm talking about:

I changed the background by adding a run-down farmhouse and barn. I made the backdrop from several separate pictures, then added the trees. I printed the picture on thin paper, then cut away the sky.

Here's the overall view. I decided that the grass should be brown since the farm is neglected. There are a few cows hanging around since the land is leased from the government and it stipulates that they have to have cows grazing otherwise they'll loose the one-dollar per acre land lease. Icon_lol Icon_lol

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Cheers Big improvement, Don.

Wayne
Nice!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
It's a perfect fit for that space, very nicely done!
Thumbsup Cheers Worship
Mike

I had many a sleepless night concerned about taking those walls out, 357 even though I agreed that things turned out better the way it is, but something inside of me said that I needed a wall there somewhere. I had the right end of the hill tapering down to ground level but I didn't like the way it looked and figured I needed more real estate for whatever I plan on putting in that area, so I had a lightbulb moment.... Icon_idea Cut the hill down and hold it back with.... a wall. Thumbsup I made the wall out of scraps of what I found in my "wall" bin and the rockwork seemed to match OK. The big thing is that I recovered about 36 square inches of level space, or around 6,400 square feet in N scale, enough for a good sized building. Oh, I did add some neatly trimmed bushes along the bottom of the wall until I figure what to do there as well as to keep the city from complaining about a half-finished project. Icon_lol

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Oh no ! Not the wall again !!!

Just kidding, the wall does make sense there and is looking good. Thumbsup
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Oh no ! Not the wall again !!!

Just kidding, the wall does make sense there and is looking good. Thumbsup

Wasn't that an episode of the Twilight Zone a few years ago????? Confusedhock: Something about the wall that wouldn't go away........Eek Eek

Oh, and thanks, I appreciate that... Ahh, no more sleepless nights. Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Wasn't that an episode of the Twilight Zone a few years ago????? Confusedhock: Something about the wall that wouldn't go away........Eek Eek

That was: Night of the living wall.. --- I think :evil:
ezdays Wrote:Oh, and thanks, I appreciate that... Ahh, no more sleepless nights. Big Grin
.......... until the next major catastrophy Icon_lol

It does look like it belongs there!!! Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
357 2285_ 357 Any "wall" that makes room for another "industry" for the Railroad to service.......is a good wall !
And - - -that one even "looks" good ! Waiting to see what you put into the available real estate. Wink Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:357 2285_ 357 Any "wall" that makes room for another "industry" for the Railroad to service.......is a good wall !
And - - -that one even "looks" good ! Waiting to see what you put into the available real estate. Wink Wink

I was thinking that for now, a FOR SALE sign (ie: "available real estate") would be appropriate to put there.... 357 :mrgreen: 357 :mrgreen:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Cheers Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Okey dokey, I'm to the point that I'm going to declare this challenge finished. There's a lot more to work on as far as the rest of the layout, but I think I've accomplished what I said I would. Here are some of the results:

I added details to the hill below the pasture and roadbed:

I extended the area between the hills and added trees and other greenery:

I added talus and other details to the bottom of the hill:

More details added as well as finishing off the roadbed:

And one overall shot:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and