doctorwayne's 2013 Get Off Your Duff Challenge - Part 1
Looking good Doc! Looking forward to seeing your next challenge!
-Dave
Finally, these cars made it to the paint shop. I painted the car from the parts box first, then, a few days later, decided to re-paint the other two. I stripped the lettering and re-painted them, but couldn't remember which paint I had used on the new car, and naturally selected the wrong one. 35 Must've been painted at a different shop, eh? Misngth

I have only a half-dozen of the small heralds which I normally use on house cars, and decided to save them, perhaps for some scratchbuilt equipment. I do, however, have a lot of larger ones from previously-ordered lettering sets, though, so these re-built cars represent an experimental use of a larger herald. In the '40s, the EG&E will use an even larger version on their latest steel boxcars (those would be the cars sold-off a couple of years ago). Wink

Here are the three re-built ice service cars. Lettering is a mix of custom dry transfers from C-D-S, and decals from Rail Graphics and Champ:

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE1013.jpg]

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE1018-1.jpg]

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE1015.jpg]

This concludes Part 1 of my Challenge.

Wayne
Great models, Wayne! First class work how everytime.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Fantastic work on them all. That about sums it up. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD