Wiring connector
I want to add Sound to some of my HO steam locomotives and I would like to have a nice tiny wire connector between the locomotive and tender so they can be unpluged and boxed to transport. BLI and PCM have a nice little 7 and 8 wire plug with a receptacle that is very small but they are not available that I'm aware of.
I have searched the web with no luck. Does anyone know where I could by these? it would be nice if you could get them with 6 inch leads on either side of the connector like the trailer wiring plugs from the auto parts store.
Thanks
Charlie
Charlie.
How many pins do you need in your connections?
I do installs (DCC) and use a 6 pin connector. Male and female. They are a real bear to solder the wire to. Then you must heat shrink the solder joints so there are no shorts.
Let me know if the 6 pin will work for you and I can tell you where you can get them. Very small idems.
Woodone, I'm sure I could get by with 6 wires. I tried a small ribbon cable used in robotics, but the plug here was too big and the wire gauge a little too stiff.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated. I have 4 right now I want to do and a few more in the future.
Charlie
Charlie.
Sending you a PM.
Woodone sent me a very nice pm telling me that Litchfield station had what I needed, and I have ordered the items. I had been on their site but didn't know what to search for. My hat is off to woodone for this information.
Thanks again. With help like this it makes the "Big Blue" an even better experience.
Charlie
Charlie.
Glad that I was able to help.
That is what this Forum is all about. Cheers
I just wanted to update this. I placed the order on 1/18 and received it today, 1/22. From Litchfield Station
Great service, Great people to deal with, and a very reasonable shipping fee.
Thanks again for the information Woodone. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Charlie