East Terminal & Newburgh
Hello,

i found the ventilator on the rooftop of Hausheer 6 Sons was not archaic enough:
[Image: dsc03849a6kc1.jpg]

[Image: dsc038506rjjz.jpg]
So it was converted to belt drive. The belt was simply made out of a piece of paper. 
No protective equipment here, this are the 1930's and life was more on the loose side. No iphones, but the men who worked on the roof had fundamental knowledges of electrics, mechanics and where to keep their fingers off.

Lutz
Hello,

place it again onto the layout:
[Image: dsc039025sjec.jpg]

[Image: dsc039031ek3d.jpg]

There is the unsolved task for the crossing. The shown boards with plank structure are only momentarily laid. They were due to their thickness not suitable for a railway crossing. For a safe train operation the heads of the rail profiles have to stick out app. 0,5mm above the street surface.

[Image: dsc03949isk52.jpg]

[Image: dsc03950j3j4q.jpg]
Another task was finished successful. The billboard got stiffening braces an paint. (In the background a part of my fire engine collection in 1:43)

[Image: dsc04032n5kex.jpg]

[Image: dsc04033ihkzj.jpg]
The fire escape and the blower tubes got some painting too.

Lutz
Hello,

messing around with some stuff:

[Image: dsc04031k6kr7.jpg]
A small annex was made out of leftover Pikestuff parts as lean to of Anderson Steel for modern era. This annex is fixed by Neodym magnets.

[Image: dsc04208p1j2f.jpg]

[Image: dsc04209nokhx.jpg]

[Image: dsc042108jk3g.jpg]

[Image: dsc04211azjgx.jpg]
Made a breadbord model for the crossing. Stacking wooden coffee stirrers and planks for ship modeling to create a driveway.
The railheads have to be app. 0.5mm above the roadway for operating requirements.

Lutz
Very nice Lutz.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I love the use of the paper belt on the exhaust fan. I may have to steal that idea down the road. ;-)
Lots of good stuff!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Hello,

meanwhile i made my crossing:

[Image: dsc046839pjti.jpg]
Starting work from the front edge of the module. It is still looking rather crude. The stirrers were nailed onto the ballast to get then tamed.
Then i cut my planks to a length appropiate to the length of common sleepers and a further part of the planks to half of this length.
For the sett paving the city is resonsible, but for the right of way it is the task of the railroad company. And the railroad did build a road surface by the means of old sleepers. Not so even as we accustomed today, but suitable for horse drawn carts, vintage trucks with backbone breaking solid rubber tires and Model Ts which were then in comparison the comfortablest of all. So if you are a driver of a motor vehicle be wise and do pass this crossing allways with very moderate speed.

[Image: dsc04684rfjpu.jpg]
So the old sleepers got a second life. This is the status as now. Not yet finished.

Lutz
Looks good so far!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Hello,

once upon a time there i made my last posting here.

[Image: dsc04679bmk8b.jpg]
Meanwhile i found a suitable loading dock for Hausheer & Sons.

[Image: dsc04678j7jo5.jpg]
Two of this kits made a suitable length.

[Image: dsc049057aj0z.jpg]

[Image: dsc049044zj80.jpg]

[Image: dsc04903kdk7a.jpg]
And also meanwhile Jürgen has visited and has weathered this wooden loading dock.

Lutz
Looking good! Great job.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Hello,

on module #2 the frog of the Atlas #6 leading to the warehose was worn out.

[Image: dsc050573gkv8.jpg]
This picture shows the situation was was been. This was a rumble ride everytime a train passes the frog.
The decision had to made; either replace the whole turnout or repair the frog?

[Image: dsc05058f4k04.jpg]
I got a suitable replacement in form of a #6 frog out of nickel silver. This led to the decision to replace the frog only.

[Image: dsc05060d5k3i.jpg]
First step was cutting the frog an it's surrounding.

[Image: dsc05061tvj49.jpg]
Then remove the old frog made out of pot metal.

[Image: dsc05062oyk71.jpg]
First look how to align the new frog. Some milling of the sleepers are necessary.

[Image: dsc05064k5jd8.jpg]
Now it fits right, testing with a truck and a car resulted in a smooth ride over the frog. The frog was then glued down with a lot of CA.

[Image: dsc050653hjj3.jpg]
The electrical gaps were closed by the means of small black styrene pieces. Glued also with CA.

[Image: dsc05067c1ksu.jpg]
When completely hardened overnight, the insulation pieces were smoothened out by filing.

[Image: dsc05068eljig.jpg]
Some fresh rust colour added.

[Image: dsc05108upk11.jpg]
Done.

Lutz
You really do some impressive work, Lutz Applause  Applause Icon_e_biggrin
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Outstanding work!
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Hello,

decided to upgrade some buildings.

[Image: dsc05573hlk9p.jpg]
Here is the backside of Spraeth & Cie. Hitherto doors and gates were closed and the loading dock looks like orphaned. So the the gate was opened.
But there was nothing inside the building. To change this a new floor has to be made. And to enable this, an opening was cut into the backwall.
A floor was cut out of black 0.5mm styrene sheet.

[Image: dsc05581knkt8.jpg]
To support the rather thin floor some bulkheads were made and glued onto the bottom plate.

[Image: dsc0560655k7a.jpg]
On the outside more details were added. Fire escape stairs, electrical control box and the broken off roof corner was repaired.
Some more junk of type get in the way was put onto the loading dock.

[Image: dsc05774aaj3j.jpg]
Some vents were added; remember this is a foundry for zinc casting.

[Image: dsc05777xsj6y.jpg]
And a caged ladder to the rooftop. Does'nt make really sense, but it looks simply great.

Lutz
Nice details, Lutz Applause , looks believable Icon_e_biggrin
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]