Desktop 3D printers
That is so cool!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
HO scale concrete blocks. I was able to print these on the M3D, previously, the software on the Afinia would not allow such small wall thicknesses. More pictures and details can be seen at: http://nvrr49.blogspot.com/2015/10/m3d-p...in-ho.html

[Image: DSC_0016.JPG]
Kent in KC
nvrr49.blogspot.com
That is so cool!!!! Smile Smile Really great details at such a tiny size too! Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
This is still in development phase but should be printable will know soon. It is a fixed (non operable) coupler for Marx, k-line and lionel and other O gauge knuckle couplers. I will be very lucky if it works on the first try(realistically may be a couple revisions before compatibility is reached ).

Well here is the first working 3D printed version of my O gauge fixed coupler for Marx, K-line, Lionel etc. It could use a minor tweaking and some dimension refinements. As is it looks good with an operating knuckle coupler and with each other however Lionel's 1970 fixed couplers are a bit tight. After some refinements will mount some on trucks and test them on curves, switches and crossings.

I found in by junk box an old MARX flatcar to use as a test installation of my coupler. It is mostly a success as I ran it around a O27 loop, an O36 loop and through an atlas O switch and an atlas O 45 deg xcrossing track with no problem, how ever RMT Beep locos tend to derail if directly coupled to the locomotive but put another freight car between the test car and Beep loco and all works fine. So far everything works except Marx knuckle couplers and RMT Loco couplers not bad for being engineered on the fly.

HO scale I designed and printed on an Afinia printer. Construction and design details can be viewed at: http://nvrr49.blogspot.com/2016/11/gulf-...inted.html

[Image: 13%2BDSC_0020.JPG]
Kent in KC
nvrr49.blogspot.com