Barry Bee
It's been a long time since I posted anything regarding my woodworking challenges. A while back my son bought what he thought was a decent-looking bee whirligig for his wife's garden. What he got was not what he ordered, Amazon gave him full credit and he didn't have to return it to China. So he asked me if I couldn't make it look like a bee. I gave him a new head, a fatter body and put bearing in his wings, then a new paint job to make him look like Barry Bee. The first photo is what he got, the other two are what it looks like now:

OLD BEE:

NEW BEE:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Days, I would like to copy this for my wife when it gets warm enough to work in the shop. She loves windmills and whirligigs. She had her brother make her a frame with a bicycle wheel that she was going to turn into a water wheel. That didn't work out but I put some blades made of wood on it and she covered them in reflective foil and that thing doesn't move fast, but it is always moving and the light flashes when the sun shines are interesting.  I will try to get a picture tomorrow. I know she has lots of them but here photos are not organized. 
Charlie
(01-18-2022, 06:00 PM)Charlie B Wrote: Days, I would like to copy this for my wife when it gets warm enough to work in the shop. She loves windmills and whirligigs. She had her brother make her a frame with a bicycle wheel that she was going to turn into a water wheel. That didn't work out but I put some blades made of wood on it and she covered them in reflective foil and that thing doesn't move fast, but it is always moving and the light flashes when the sun shines are interesting.  I will try to get a picture tomorrow. I know she has lots of them but here photos are not organized. 
Charlie

One tip Charlie, as you can see, the head is totally different, what I did was buy a finial at Loew's. A package of 2 ran under two bucks, and I cut the point off and rounded that spot. I can give you dimensions if you want.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks for the advise Don but I will show this to my wife before I make it and I am sure she will dictate the size, she is the queen bee of decoratin' items around here.  Icon_e_biggrin
Charlie
Nice work Don!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string