E-paw's Orphan challenge part 2
The last part of the overview is the Gern plant on the west end of the branch.

This building is Gern's pump and dump building. Ore from western PA is unloaded here. Gas is extracted at the plant and stored in the tank behind the building where is bottled and loaded into box cars elsewhere. Just to the left is the B&E elect RY portal where trains also connect to the Anna lines main in Bath. I only built this building up enough to get clearances so I could lay track.

The other two tracks are for loading boxcars and hoppers with other Gern products produced at the plant which is fully built with a detailed interior but is completely invisible, so you will have to imagine what it looks like.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Great pics!!!! I like the whole atmosphere of your layout. Your scenery coloring adds a lot to this some how and your structures have a lot of character. Thumbsup
Thanks Ralph. I have spent countless hours starring at as many color rail photos from the 40's as I could get my hands on, trying to match colors and structures to make it look like north east PA as best I can.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw Wrote:Thanks Ralph. I have spent countless hours starring at as many color rail photos from the 40's as I could get my hands on, trying to match colors and structures to make it look like north east PA as best I can.

You've done well, Steve....a great-looking layout. Thumbsup Thumbsup I hope that RMC will visit for a future layout feature.

I like your GERN plant, too, even the "invisible" part Wink but you need some signs on that gas plant warning crews that there's "No Clearance for Man on Side of Car" - a GERN facility needs at least 3% more than most sidings. Icon_lol

Wayne
I'm absolutely floored..!!! That's an amazing amount of very well done work in a relatively short time... Thumbsup
It would take me twice as long to do half the work... :oops:

Keep us updated on your progress...
Gus (LC&P).