The traveling Grande Valley Railway (Onandaga Sub)
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Just to show I'm not totally slackin' here is a pic of the under construction Mazda warehouse in Onandaga.

[Image: mazda-1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
and now live from our studios a progress report on the Mazda warehouse.

[Image: mazda-2.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Forgot to post the latest pic of the warehouse.Actually there is more done than this,but this is still the newest pic.I have the lower colour painted,just waiting for it to cure so I can spray the upper colour.

[Image: mazda-3.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

The Great Lakes MAZDA warehouse is done except for signage (it will have to wait) and doors and window.Those should go in tomorrow.Building still needs roof vents and other items but they need to be made or bought yet.I am also planning on some dock detailing though it won't really be viewable in this location.

[Image: mazda-5.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Quote: Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Thank you kind sir. One more building to build (shoebox) and a parking lot then it's all scenery after that. :mrgreen:

The shoebox will be built this afternoon ,but the parking lot will have to wait as I want it removable for safe transport (planning a 6' high chain link fence for the rail side) plus I need to modify the sidewalk for vehicle entry.

I will be posting pictures from the show if not on Sunday ,Monday afternoon after I get home from my out patient gall bladder surgery.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Good luck on the bladder Catt!
Mike

Took this pic last night,better pics at the show tomorrow.

[Image: onandaga-7.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Here's a couple pics showing the current state of the Onandaga Sub.Other than building a parking lot for that large brown spot they layoutb is pretty much done except for the fun part.Doing all the little details that make a difference.Please excuse my sorry attempt at photoshopping but building 3 layouts in the same room makes for quite the mess. Eek

[Image: onandaga-8.jpg]

The yard which attaches to the lower left corner is going to be enlarged from 8" by 36" to 14" by 42" and the street will be extended first over a bridge then a fill .

[Image: onandaga-9.jpg]

Our trainshow season is over till at least September so I have plenty of time and I have already bought everything for it except the track. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Very nice Catt, when the details are added it will be awesome! Cheers
Mike

Very nice Catt, also from me too!
And with details that will be a very nice switching layout including a loop way! Really nice for all model railroad players.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Very nice work - and I appreciate the overall photos (it's a small layout, I know! Big Grin ), often it's tough to see one's work in context. This would be a very satisfying layout to run!
I think all of those irregularly shaped buildings are very effective! Lots of visual interest and very much like some I see every day. Nicely done! Thumbsup
I started building the new yard module for the Onandaga Sub. today.The new yard will be 14" wide by 42" long (the old yard is 8" by 36"). The new yard will give me an excuse to having something other than boxcars on the layout.I suspect just buying the track will blow my modeling budget for the rest of the year Eek Wallbang .

[Image: newyard-1.jpg]

Inspite of what the picture shows the module is neither distorted or one side longer than the other.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"