Got hose? The Sequel.
A while back there was a post here about things that could be used to simulate hose --- a lot of great ideas were posted. At the time I had mentioned "rubber legs" --an item sold by fishing fly tieing shops, but I had none available to show.
I since then got some more, in doing so I discovered that they come in several colors & two styles. The styles are indivdual strands or a "sheet" that has to be pulled apart. The sheet is what I had last time & has a couple other uses, it will make great ribbed belting, ( conveyor belts ) or fine matting or running board covers in 1/24 scale autos for instance. I could not locate a sheet at Cabellos so I got a package of the loose ones .
Here is a picture of the ones I got, I have placed a tooth pick beside it to give an idea of scale. I think this package was about 4.00 $ . each of them is about 6 inches long, thats a LOT of hose . I am going to use some on my 1/64 junkyard cars. Take a look.

Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
I can't believe NO ONE found any thing to interest them about these gidgets.
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
Dave Harris sctchbld Wrote:A while back there was a post here about things that could be used to simulate hose --- a lot of great ideas were posted. At the time I had mentioned "rubber legs" --an item sold by fishing fly tieing shops, but I had none available to show.
I since then got some more, in doing so I discovered that they come in several colors & two styles. The styles are indivdual strands or a "sheet" that has to be pulled apart. The sheet is what I had last time & has a couple other uses, it will make great ribbed belting, ( conveyor belts ) or fine matting or running board covers in 1/24 scale autos for instance. I could not locate a sheet at Cabellos so I got a package of the loose ones .
Here is a picture of the ones I got, I have placed a tooth pick beside it to give an idea of scale. I think this package was about 4.00 $ . each of them is about 6 inches long, thats a LOT of hose . I am going to use some on my 1/64 junkyard cars. Take a look.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Mmmm - mental reminder to self - check if Gander Mountain or other stores in the NE twin cities area also have these rubber legs and pick up a pack or two - there must be quite a few different uses for this stuff. Great tip, thank you!

Smile,
Stein
Those are interesting....hmmmm...there's got to be something I could use them for in Nscale. (I thought about using fishing line as telephone pole wiring a while ago, but the idea didn't work out as well as I'd hoped...couldn't find the right color.) I've got to check out the fishing section more often...it didn't occur to me there'd be modeling supplies hidden there. Do you have any pictures of how you used them? I bet those are perfect for car hoses or truck/trailer connection hoses.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Herc Driver Wrote:Those are interesting....hmmmm...there's got to be something I could use them for in Nscale. (I thought about using fishing line as telephone pole wiring a while ago, but the idea didn't work out as well as I'd hoped...couldn't find the right color.) I've got to check out the fishing section more often...it didn't occur to me there'd be modeling supplies hidden there. Do you have any pictures of how you used them? I bet those are perfect for car hoses or truck/trailer connection hoses.

Go to a hobby tore and take a look at copper metallic thread. It comes in a very fine thread that looks perfect for N-scale wiring, and one spool of it will wire your whole line! Thumbsup

BTW - it also comes in gold - not so useful - and silver! Smile