Interest In Tour Car or Car Exchange?
How did you attach it in word? I have blank waybills that fit on one page.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
I attached two files for blank waybills. Let's seeeeee........

Attached Files
.doc   Big Blue Waybill.doc (Size: 123.5 KB / Downloads: 50)
.pdf   Big Blue Waybill.pdf (Size: 176.32 KB / Downloads: 256)
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

I don't have Win Office and wouldn't buy it just for the exchange ...I would have to do it manually .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I was able to download the doc file and save it as rtf, so that I could open it in MS Word Pad. However, the software here doesn't allow upload of rtf, which is just the generic version of MS Word and is Word compatible. Can a moderator weigh in on whether anything could be done to allow the Big Blue software to upload rtf files?

I'm wondering too, though, if the waybill pattern Mike uploaded in Word might be simplified -- the weigh data, for instance, wouldn't be needed for a model.
Someone has also raised the question of how much shipping would cost. If it's a few bucks, that's OK, but in other cases, it could be over $10, which would be out of line. I agree with those price ranges.

This wasn't discussed when we did the first try on this last year. I find the USPS site very confusing and hard to understand (typical, I guess). However, I was playing around with the idea of mailing a 10-ounce parcel from LA to New Jersey and got a low price of $5,80 for a priority mail 2-day flat rate box. The site suggests First Class Mail Parcel would be available at 3.26 (it qualifies for packages under 13 ounces. An HO freight car is in the 4-5 ounce range.)

I don't know what would be involved in sending packages to Canada or any other country. Any observations, suggestions, or experience would be most helpful.
We can download OpenOffice.org for free and use that for waybills.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

I can only speak for the mailing I did from Canada several years back on the RRL forum exchange and it was pretty reasonable for light weight stuff . For the ones coming to me from the U.S it was also reasonable ....I should go to the post office and check on the latest costs .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
jwb Wrote:...Ralph, are you in?...

I'm in!
According to the US Postal Service, First Class costs US$8.55 for a small 8 ounce package.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Open Office can be downloaded for free at http://www.openoffice.org/download/.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Not to be a Luddite Mike but can you describe how we'd use that with the waybills? I guess I imagined sending a paper form. Get me up to date. Is OpenOffice something we'd all have access to like sharing files?
Ralph, Open office is an open source office program much like MS Office, but it is free, and will work with many office programs and spreadsheets.
Charlie
Once downloaded, it could be shared like Office Word documents.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

I would be willing to join in this round if you guys don't mind me posting photos of your equipment on a completely unscenicked and otherwise very incomplete layout. I love the idea of seeing one of my cars on your layouts, and your cars on mine.

Dave
-Dave
Dave, have you seen pictures of my layout? It's dioramas for now.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines