Science Fiction modeling in general
Hi all,

Once I get some more cleaning and some old projects completed I will tackle some Sci-Fi kits that have accumulated on my supply shelf they include the following:

1. Qty. 1 Colonial vipper (original Battle star galactica)
2. Qty. 1 three pack Enterprise 3 versions
3. Qty. 1 A Y-wing fighter (starwars)
4. Qty. 2 Robbie the robot (from the forbiden planet can be built in 2 versions)
Neat, looking foward to seeing pics!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Aahhh, another sci fi modeler.
Wink :mrgreen: 2285_ Cheers
I finally found the original photos to re-load here: This actually started out as a kit of an AH-64 Apache Helicopter

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
There's a neat sci-fi models website at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fichtenfoo.com">www.fichtenfoo.com</a><!-- w --> ........might give you some ideas too .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Sumpter,

Cool ship, I think I can ID some of the parts the main body and cockpit is a helicopter and the engines look alot like the ones from a Y-wing fighter Big Grin

When I get around to building the Viper I want to weather it to look like it has been in a battle with some "carbon scoring" it is a 1/35 scale model by the way. The y wing is a snap kit and needs to be painted and agin it will look like it has seen some action it is a much smaller scale 1/72 ???

Thinking of maybe getting a enterprise bridge kit or may scratch build one some time much later on.
AF350 Wrote:Sumpter, Cool ship, I think I can ID some of the parts the main body and cockpit is a helicopter and the engines look alot like the ones from a Y-wing fighter Big Grin Thinking of maybe getting a enterprise bridge kit or may scratch build one some time much later on.

The main body and cockpit are a cut-up-and-rebuilt AH-64 Apache Helicopter.
The engines are scratch built, and represent my concept of an inertial drive engine.

Enterprise NCC 1701A, in HO scale would be 11.49 feet long. The Primary hull would be 5.5175 feet long, and 5.34 feet wide.

I am tempted.......but that is almost the same length, and almost twice as wide as my three module set !!!

Card stock and balsa, to keep it light enough to "carry".
I'd have to "break it down" to transport it ( the primary hull alone would be too big for my trailer ) and it would require an extra trip, in addition to the trip to transport the modules.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Which Y-Wing? I have the 1-87 version, well two of them for my 1:87 star wars collection

[Image: abef37bc.jpg]

[Image: 646b6420.jpg]

I use to have the Enterprise 3 pack, I believe it's 1:2500 scale. I am slowly building up that scale as a collection too
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Enterprise A in HO would be closer to 138 inches,

305 meters = 1000.66ft
Tom

Model Conrail

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Close enough for Government work Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
and then there's -----------this:

Sumpter250 Wrote:Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Close enough for Government work Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

you bet Icon_lol

I got anal along the way scaling out model ships for the scales I needed Popcornbeer
Tom

Model Conrail

tomustang Wrote:I got anal along the way scaling out model ships for the scales I needed Popcornbeer

2285_ 357 Welcome to "the Club " 357 2285_ It all started for me, building sailing ship models.....the infection quickly passed to the train modeling, and scenery modeling. Eek

Details !, Details !, "More, more, I'm still Nope not satisfied" Wink 357 357 357
Good morning all,

I am tempted to add to want list 3 sci-fi kits a larger Robbie/robotoid kit carrying woman, and 2 bird of pray from Star trek TOS(comes with decals for both Romulan and Klingon versions) May order them from Historic aviation December or later. Need to do some major rearranging to modeling bench and work on some unfinished projects.

I also have a card stock Battlestar Galactica under way as well, kinda of a challenging build so far.
Good morning all,

I am tempted to add to want list 3 sci-fi kits a larger Robbie/robotoid kit carrying woman, and 2 bird of pray from Star trek TOS(comes with decals for both Romulan and Klingon versions) May order them from Historic aviation December or later. Need to do some major rearranging to modeling bench and work on some unfinished projects.

I also have a card stock Battlestar Galactica under way as well, kinda of a challenging build so far.
looks like there is an echo in here Icon_lol
AF350 Wrote:looks like there is an echo in here Icon_lol

Nope no echo, Nope

Wink It's an alternate universe :o :o Icon_twisted 357 357 357