WPF 11/15-11/21
My wife and I were driving up to Santa Barbara the other day, and we got a big surprise -- a UP office car special deadheading up the Coast.

It is running back down the Valley today.
My freelanced KP&W cars were mostly old Tycos that I bought for a couple of bucks at flea markets so I could experiment with painting and decaling. The current car exchange that some of us are doing made me realize I really don't have any KP&W rolling stock I think is good looking enough to send to another modeler to photograph. I've started re-doing the cars with more carefully done paint and decal schemes, using decal sheets from Micro-Marc instead of the Testors. So far so good. I've also recently purchased a half dozen undecorated cars at a good price from MB Klein. Here one newly decorated car sits in front of the other five yet to be completed.

[Image: 002_zps857e3b74.jpg]
Ralph, check your PM's.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Ralph I like the new look but I think you are missing something. Big Grin Cars & tr...s have weels
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
So THAT'S why the car doesn't roll!!!! Goldth
Harbour scene on one of my friends, the late Hans Hubner, modules.

Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Doing more work to the F-3b at Seamtown as we get her ready for paint.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
The first of six new boxcars...now with wheels! Smile Meanwhile a Tyco 50 footer in the background awaits conversion to Kaydee couplers...
[Image: 002_zps9f0c2780.jpg]
The cold morning sun is not helpful at all in this streets....
[Image: IMG_2828_zps69d9134f.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2827_zps2820cf9c.jpg]
Reinhard
JaBear Wrote:Harbour scene on one of my friends, the late Hans Hubner, modules. Cheers, the Bear.

Good looking "Harbor" Cheers Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
During Trainfest, I set the camera down on the water surface, and shot a couple of pictures.
This is the Bridge tender's tower for the two track rolling lift on the "back" module, looking "out".

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:.... I set the camera down on the water surface....
A great shot!
Reinhard
A frosty foggy morning for Lincoln's Birthday in 1977. The low temperature was only 20 degrees, quite a relief from the 20 degree below zero F temps of January and early February.
The three locomotives are from a following train that have had to cut away to assist a westbound that has stalled on the slight grade going west out of East Palestine.
Due to track conditions the speed had been reduced to 10 MPH and if you didn't have a little run you had better have lots of power. The dispatcher had asked them if they could make the grade if they got a run for it....At 10 MPH the answer was no.    
This slow order lasted all winter, and spring finally brought some major track rebuilding to the early Conrail Plant
Trains would outlaw eastbound frequently around East Palestine.
We are only 30miles by rail from Conway, but during these bad winters and the poor condition of Conrail power, we even had trains outlawing westbound, only 30 miles out of the terminal.
Wow Charlie, that's sounds like a rough winter. I do kind of remember it, I was only 3 back in 77. It's still a great story to go along with the photo, and a great shot.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Switching in the night in a not favored neighborhood.
[Image: IMG_2846_zpsf324d69a.jpg]
Reinhard