WPF 11/22-11/28
A trio of Canadian National passenger locomotives from three different manufacturers are spotted at Leetown.On the outside track is Montreal Locomotive Works FPA4 6766,in the middle Canadian Locomotive Company CPA-16-5 6705 and on the inside track General Motors Diesel Division FP9A 6538.

[Image: P1190278_zps37059579.jpg]
Mr Nutbar,
With all due respect, 6538 is a funny looking GP9A.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:Mr Nutbar,
With all due respect, 6538 is a funny looking GP9A.

Yeah, looks like a misplaced typing finger is responsible, as that's an FP9A. Wink Misngth

Wayne
If they had a Baldwin Shark, you could have the whole line-up of cab units....

Side question,

Is MLW to ALCO
what CLW is to Fairbanks-Morse?
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:.....Side question,

Is MLW to ALCO
what CLW is to Fairbanks-Morse?

I think that both Canadian companies were originally simply licensees of their American counterparts, but they may have eventually become subsidiaries.

Wayne
wayne - wikipedia says GMD was created as a subsidiary of general motors in order to avoid import tariffs.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
OOPS :oops: :oops: :oops: --- thanks for your help Doc
Here are some photos of M1 4-8-2 PRR 6743. A BLI model, it now sports a heavily modified tender from a Spectrum K4 and a new pilot. I wanted a model of an early M1 without the "coast to coast" tender and with the passenger pilot. It took a significant amount of modification, but I was successful, as well as keeping the DCC and sound features intact. On the track behind 6743 you can see an M1b with "coast to coast" tender for comparison. Notice also the Sargent Engineering couplers. I recently changed to Sargents as standard, as well as magnetic and self coupling air hoses on rolling stock.

[Image: IMG_20131129_183609424_zpsa71e0e1f.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20131129_183601130_zps5c2e1c89.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20131129_183617717_zps9b390da1.jpg]
-Dave
Nicely-done modifications, Dave. Thumbsup Thumbsup Pilot alterations do require care and extra effort.

Wayne
Thanks Wayne. I think this massive locomotive looks neat with that little tender. The enginemen on the PRR often complained that the locomotives designed and built at Altoona were magnificent but unable to perform to their full potential due to the size of their tenders. The M1 was one of the first classes on the PRR system to address the problem on a large scale with long haul tenders, but not until many were fitted with restrictive tenders like the one I retrofitted to 6743.

I was amazed at how much effort was involved with the pilot swap. It is not a modification I will be likely to repeat.

Dave
-Dave
[Image: FakeMRR_zpsa77d738d.jpg]

Our layout featured in some major magazine back in the days. The first picture is famously referred as the "Model Railroader Shot" among club members. 357

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
***** Original Post corrected by EDIT ****
:oops: I should have caught that sooner ! :oops:
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!