Trains on this day in the past:
Helpers at North Pleasant Drive, East Palestine, Ohio, March, 1977     
Charlie
March, 1977. Midland, Pa. Crucible Steel in the background.  The plant would be shut down in 1982. It was purchased By J&L steel in 1983 and limited operations were begun. The plant is now owned by ATI.     
Charlie
A telephoto shot of an eastbound. 3/17/2016, East Palestine, Ohio.     
Charlie
Southern RR of NJ's U18B at Winslow, NJ, 3/17/11.

Bruce

Heading west led by an ALCO C425. New Waterford, Ohio. 3/17/1978    
Charlie
2/18/2020---CN Stuart yard

Charlie how do you get your photos so crisp and clean looking I never have been able to get them that way with digital cam.
Jim
(03-18-2024, 12:12 PM)jim currie Wrote: Charlie how do you get your photos so crisp and clean looking I never have been able to get them that way with digital cam.
Jim

The picture above is a scan from a Kodachrome slide. I scanned my slides at 3600 dpi on a flat bed scanner, then I use photoshop elements to remove the haze and sharpen the contrast. I also find most photos scanned or taken with a digital camera to have too much blue so I cut the blue level about 10 percent. That sometimes makes the yellow too much so using the saturation I cut back the yellow.  Some times I have to increase the saturation for all colors. PSE 20 has a command to automatically remove haze I use it on every picture I work on. If it doesn't improve it, I undo it and use other steps. Send me one of yours and I will see if I can improve it and if I can I will tell you exactly what I did.  I am not a pro by any means but I have been doing this for 25 years now. 

Charlie
3/19/2020---eastbound through Bayview Junction

3/19/1978 East Palestine, Ohio.  The buildings on the north side belong to Neil Motors Dodge. I was working for Neil Motors Ford at this time, same man and he was an honest man.  The dealerships were closed after he died and I got lucky and got hired as an operator hat a new hydroelectric plant.     
Charlie
Southern RR of NJ at Winslow, NJ, 3/19/14.

Bruce

March, 1981. New Castle, Pa.  The P&LE cars in the background are on P&LE tracks.     
Charlie
Winslow, NJ, March 1994

Bruce

I would have loved see those locos Bruce. I am still trying to find them in HO in that scheme.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Tom, they are now at Steamtown in Scranton, Pa, and have been repainted into the Lackawanna paint scheme.  I have a foobie set of them done by Athearn/Roundhouse.  They are F7's instead of the F3's.

Bruce