Digitrax decoder wire retainers
Putting a Digitrax DH165AO decoder in my early Atlas RS3. I understand I will have to totally rewire the loco. Being brand new to DCC and a long time electroincs guy, when I got the decoder I started lookinng for a connector for the 4 tabs on each end of the decoder board. I asked a friend is is very familar with DCC and he tells me there are no connectors for these decoders. He also told the that you push the wire through the hole in the tab on the decoder and then pull the little black box wire retained over the wires and tabs.

I have scoured the Internet and I cannot find these little black retainers. I am prefectly capable of soldering the wires to the tabs but I would prefer to use the standard retainer.

Does anybody have a source of the things?
Welcome Aboard from another Ham Big Grin Big Grin I'm not familiar with DCC but someone else will be here soon that hopefully will have an answer for you... Smile

Be sure to stop by the Hobo's Camp thread and introduce yourself..
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6836&p=131946#p131946">viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6836&p=131946#p131946</a><!-- l -->
There are a few other Operators running around here Smile

I got my License about a year after you Smile Upgraded to General on 5/5/2011
Best of Luck with the DCC!!!!

73 KB3VBR
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
My call sign is actually a vanity call. My issued call sigh was KD5DAY. W5MTF belonged to my first boss when I worked at Six Flgas over Texas in the Electronics department. When Fred passed away, I waited the required 2 years and got his call signas a show of respect for him. He was a great guy and a great boss. I respected him very much.

Thanks for the welcome!
Welcome to Big Blue..!!
I have wired a couple of those decoders. The black retainers should have come with the decoder.
Did you buy it new..??
If you can't find them, you'll have to solder the leads onto the decoder. Not a problem...Just more work... Nope
Gus (LC&P).
OK I emailed Digitrax asking if they included the retainers in the package and I coud buy some of the retianres from them and they told me the do not include the retainers in with the decoders as it is better to solder the wires.