Magazine subscriptions
I'm curious to find out what magazines people here subscribe to. Not get at the library or flip through in the checkout line, but actually pay for. So, what do you folks still get?
Trains and Model Railroader. One for Xmas and the other for my birthday from my parents. In print, I still prefer reading a magazine, you always have it and I think that you are more likely to learn more because you read everything in it, including ads. However the lure of buying the back issues on DVD is there and offers a more complete way to keep old issues in an orderly [and space saving] manner.
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
I subscribe exclusively to electronic versions of the following:

Model Railroader
Railroad Model Craftsman
Modelrailroad Hobbyist Magazine

I have no subscription on prototype magazines etc, I get most of my prototype info from other books and websites, as well as some DVD's.

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Model Railroader,Trains and Railfan..I should start a subscription..

Classic Trains if its a good issue..IMHO that magazine been lacking of late.

I read Modelrailroad Hobbyist Magazine but,it reminds me of the old MR chuck full of ads and IMHO to many needless photos like a piece of flex track being held down by push pins and other dummied down photos.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Just so we're clear, I'm also interested in non-rail magazines.
I hold subscriptions of

Classic Trains
Model Railroader
Railroad Model Craftsman

I love Craftsman's online subscription. 0 day shipping delay Thumbsup
And did just add the digital edition of Model Railroader too. Sorry no time, have to read the (digital) April issue Big Grin
Reinhard
railohio Wrote:Just so we're clear, I'm also interested in non-rail magazines.

Right now I'm getting the following magazines:
  • Model Railroader (need to renew with the current issue)
    Wood Magazine
    Consumers Report
    Guns & Ammo
    The Saturday Evening Post (which does not show up on Saturday but only six times a year :o and is not the big format of yesteryear Nope)
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Model Railroader
PC World

Those are the only two I subscribe to on a regular basis. Right now I'm getting Golf magazine but it's about to expire. I bought it only because my grandson sells magazines for his school. In the past I also subscribed to Bicycling magazine for the same reason. Both are being allowed to expire.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Narrow Gauge and Shortline Gazette
N-Scale
I only "subscribe" to Model RR hobbyist. I find MR, for the most part, to not be worth the price. I cherry pick issues of MR, RMC, and Trains.

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
16mm Today, G Scale Journal, Roundhouse, & Cycle. (Used to also subscribe to Gauge 0 Gazette, but I'm dumping this subscription.)
Guess I'll take my turn now...

Bon Appetit
GQ
Playboy
Wired

And magazines that come with memberships...

The Milwaukee Railroader
North Western Lines
The Soo
Well I get Flags Diamonds, and Statues with my ARHS membership. I don't know if you could call that a subscription or not.

For years I subscribed to Railroad Model Craftsman, But I have recently canceled it, Because They still haven't paid me for the article that I wrote for them a few years back. After speaking with a few others in the same situation, It seems that RMC is only paying those that have regular columns, and even that can be iffy. If you plan on submitting them something just keep that in mind.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Model R'roader, Classic Trains, and MRH (online)... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
railohio Wrote:And magazines that come with memberships...
In that category I also get AARP Magazine.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)