Weekly Photo Fun - March 14th-March 20th
With a late start to the WPF thread, it looks like a slow day everywhere. There weren't even any trains in sight when Barney Secord accidentally snapped this shot while putting an empty back into the case:

[Image: Treephotos048.jpg]

Wayne
PRR 2547 is an X42 express boxcar. I kitbashed it around 40 years ago from two Athearn 50-foot single-door boxcars. It was only recently that I pulled it out, cleaned it up, touched up the paint and decals, weathered it, and added Kadee wheels and weight. It's now up to current standards and is at work.

Wayne, your layout looks great even with out trains.
JWB, that is a great kitbashing project. I may have to have one myself.
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:....JWB, that is a great kitbashing project......

I agree: a unique model of a unique prototype.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:
Charlie B Wrote:....JWB, that is a great kitbashing project......

I agree: a unique model of a unique prototype.

Wayne
Now, isn't this convenient?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://mountvernonshops.com/X42.html">http://mountvernonshops.com/X42.html</a><!-- m -->
Charlie
Three newly completed projects to post today... A set of two LNE RS-2------A CNJ outside braced USRA box car-----And JX tower which for some reason is in Stockertown PA and not in Easton where it belongs. The 0-5-0 switcher will have to fix that after the photo shot. All these models are photographed near my nearly complete Hercules cement plant.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Steve, very well done projects, but where are you finding the time?
Charlie
Well Charlie, you can see the build for the RS-2's here_____ <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6727">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6727</a><!-- l -->. So you can see how long that has taken me.

The tower was a Christmas present that only took an hour or two to build..

The boxcar is a shake the box kit from Accurail, The only change that I did was to add the brake gear and P2K wheel sets, so that was an afternoon.

And the cement plant was started back in December, I only just started to post about it now.

The cold, snowy winter has been a mixed blessing. It has kept me in the house so I had plenty of opportunities to do some MR-ing. But, I do all my airbrushing out in the garage. With the temp regularly in the single digits, the paints freeze before they hit the models, making that a exercise in wasted time. So the big hold up is caused by mother nature. I really don't watch much TV, and I am not an armchair molder. So I spent my free time either working on my little chew chews, or at Steamtown restoring the big ones. I have a sick wife and three kids at home so my free time is limited especially when you figure in that I spend three hours a day just getting back and forth to work. If I can come up with the time to do this, than anyone can. The trick is to just get off yer duff, or on it and build something.
My Erie L-1 needs a few modifications for better current pickup and a new oiling.

[Image: erie-l1-angus_35k.jpg]

Digitalizing is ready but the current pickup alone at tender is not sufficiently. I must add the engine with each part of frame for one pole. Insulation of rear and front frame against each other was not a big problem.

[Image: erie-l1-angus_36k.jpg]

In result the engine can run now alone also without the tender. (This is not a need but a good secondary effect for tests.)
Maybe I will add yet a few details for a more correct model. There are a couple of missing parts also at an Overland model!

More to see on description of my website.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
My finished Winchester and Western covered hopper(thanks Bruce) on its first revenue run.

Attached Files Image(s)

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
PRT 5709 & crew with 9125 in tow on the NJT high line headed on for the interchange track to pick up a cut of tank cars that NS drop off !!!! PRT crew giving the final air test waiting for NJT to give them the all clear!!!! Finally on there home rails shoving the tank cars over the 1st St. crossing to the end on the line to Go Green Bio fuel & oil !!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 020_zps76700e2c.jpg]
KP&W switchers pulling gons with steel cloils
Instead of wearing the green we have 8 1/2" of the white stuff, Happy St Patrick's Day.

John, Steve, Ed and Bernhard nicely done modeling efforts.

Shore River picked up a 25 car grain train from Perdue in Upper Deerfield, seen here at Mannheim Yard

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

I like the blue and white scheme on those grain cars!!
I found these depressed center flats in Scranton last weekend. I had seen them a few days before at Slateford but missed the shot because the train had just pulled out. I was able to get up close to them in the yard, so I guess it all worked out for the better.