My other hobbies.
I just added a rather long video of a preserved railroad in Sweden on YouTube. It is a 5.9 km long preserved narrow gauge line that hosts some intersting steam Engines, the star of the show are two out of three 0-6-6-0 Mallets operated on the line since they were built in 1910 by Atlas locomotive Works in Stockholm, Sweden. These are the largest Mallets in Scandinavia, they never got bigger than this. But it is cool to be able to see these in operation.

[Image: donj12.jpg]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQLU9KFlNAs
Seeing that neat narrow gauge 0-6-6-0, got me thinking maybe it's time I get back to an old project ( after I get done with the lobster sloop )
http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...7&start=15

A Narrow Gauge ( 3' ) outside frame 2-6-6-2:

This is as far as I got on "that" "Duff Project"
Sag Harbor Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company, is building this one to handle strings of 20' containers loaded with scrap iron/steel, on narrow gauge container flats.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Looks great and enough ready to the paint shop. By the way it is cool to see a Mallet steaming live too! By the way the 891 mm gauge is 3 feet gauge, that is 3 Swedish feet opposed to american 3 feet which is 913 mm... There were quite a number of these 3 feet line and one is still operation, albeit now with modern electric EMU.s in Stockholm. Still back in the Days the Company there offered a ride of motley Collection of cars, ranging from more or less museum Peaces to the mid sixites. The longest presereved line in Sweden is some 40 kilometers long running from City of Upsala to Faringe. But there are few other 891 mm gauge lines with steam power in the country. But the JTJ in this film is perhaps the most authentic.
"Painkiller" wrote: Looks great and enough ready to the paint shop.
I still have major issues with binding in the rear engine frame.....I'm waiting for a couple more tons of "patience" to arrive, so I can resolve that issue, and get the paint on.

Painkiller Wrote:By the way the 891 mm gauge is 3 feet gauge, that is 3 Swedish feet opposed to american 3 feet which is 913 mm...

Icon_twisted 357 357 357 I'm part Swede. Thanks for the explanation, now I know why I have "smaller feet" 2285_ 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Well I am not Swedish, I am finnish but I lived here since I was a ten year old... Wink
Excellent paintings Thumbsup
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.