My other hobby
Hi there,
I´m a big fan of vintage US-Iron since a long time and have build a lot of US-Cars and Trucks ind 1:25 and 1:24.In 2009 I bought my first vintage car,an ´69 Buick Wildcat 4 door sedan,430cui, TH400.Was a nice ride and I´ve had a lot of fun with that cruiser...
[Image: RIMG0007.JPG]
[Image: RIMG0011.JPG]
You could rent the car with me as a driver for wedding for example.In the same year i bought my second ride,an ´68 Buick LeSabre Custom 400,4 door hardtop,350cui TH 400 transmission and in original condition with no modifications.
[Image: DSC_0067.JPG]
[Image: DSC_0082.JPG]
I bought both cars for a very nice price,fresh from the USA I was the first owner here in Germany...My wife and the kids loved to drive with me and my wife loved it so much that sche wanted a car for her own so we bought her soemthing special.
1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 2 door coupe.The car seems to be made for here.She´s a fan of the old VW Beetle so the Corvair is the perfect alternative solution...
[Image: IMG00020-20101014-1219.jpg]

In 2011 I sold the Wildcat and was looking for something else.And I found what I´m looking for after some searching.
1965 Chevrolet Impala SS, 327 cui,powerglide,white interior.Condition of the car was okay but I think the last owner wanted to convert it into a lowrider or so,don´t know but I wanted to change it.So I bought new suspension,wheels and tires and a lot of more parts,reworked the interior,elektrik,new exhaust,front disk breaks etc. Exterior Color is similar to the original Orchid Evening GM color.
[Image: DSC_0349.JPG]
[Image: DSC_0351.JPG]
[Image: DSC_0348.JPG]
Driving the Impala is very different than driving the buick....The 68 drives like a boat on the sea and the Impala more like a sportscar...but it´s always a lot of fun.The Impala is mostly finished,have to do some small detail,just got the correct rear corner mouldings for it.The season is over for this year I think so it will be stored for the winter and I could work on it from time to time....

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
Somehow I missed this thread, but I have to say that it brings back a lot of memories. I remember all these cars, we owned a '64 Chevvy Super Sport when it was new. I'm sure, after watching some of these auto auctions on TV, there's no way that I could afford to buy it back now. We probably paid less than $4,000 for the SS, and I saw a similar one that was restored go on the block and sold for around $65,000.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I had three restored Corvairs until 85. Kids and I moved to an apt in Raleigh and no where to store them. Sold them. Really enjoyed them. I had a super hot one when I was in Army in FL [68 and 69]. Monza hardtop, 4 speed with 4 one barrels.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Speaking of cars. Frankie [son and single] has this one as well as a Dodge Ram pickup. Then a "duty" Expedition. This is his play thing.

[Image: ry%3D400]

600HP

Asked him why he needed 600HP and he laughed. Icon_lol
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Hi there,
Nice play thing that Audi....When my father died in 2011 at the age of 90 years I got his last car.He bought it new in 1989.It´s also an Audi and it white,too.Audi 90 2.3E.The car has it´s original 36.000 km and it´s like new.Its something different to my other cars but who knows,maybe this will be a rare vintage car someday....Most of those similar type of Cars are Audi 80 with more than 200.000 km....It´s well stored in a Garage and will only be driven in good weather like my other vintage cars....
[Image: RIMG0270-vi.jpg]

The Corvair is a very nice car.It´s not easy to get those four one barrels but when you get them work together it´s lot of fun...It ahs the 2 speed in but that´s no problem.One day on a car meet we were asked if we sell the car for the engine...Someone wanted to mount that engine into an VW Type 1 Van.

Thanks for looking,
Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
Chris, I'm a fan of the Corvair, it really gave Porsche back then a real run for their money. If it wasn't for ralph nader slamming the Corvair it might have changed history, who knows. You have a nice one there Cheers

Chief, that's a heck of a nice car your son has, I've owned one audi before and it was a love hate relationship, I don't think I could ever do it again even if it was the R8.
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.