Brierbaur House
Andy
Your construction jumped a little fast. How did you cut the curved tops to the windows?
David
ak-milw Wrote:David, Being very careful with an exacto knife. 8-)

Trying to remember how long ago I purchased my "curve cutting tool" a "Jewler's Saw", to cut the frames for a 3/16" = 1 foot scale, plank-on-frame model of a 40' Cutter, that I laid down the original lines for. It was somewhere in the late sixties, from a hobby supplier in Maine. I still use it for most curves for modelwork. The blades are quite thin, and will cut a very tight curve, smoothly and easily, in wood, plastic, and even brass sheet.
Seven of the frames, and the plank that would have covered them ( actually was, briefly, in place ) can be seen in this, very close to full size, picture:

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks for the tip David, I will have to look into one.

8-)
Andy Kramer - modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->
bdw9535 Wrote:
JaBear Wrote:Is there any particular reason I can't view the photos in Andys first 4 posts to this thread???
Cheers, the Bear.

I also can't see them.

Bruce

Something strange going on here: I could see them yesterday, but not now. They're stored in our Gallery, so non-Members wouldn't be able to see them nor would Members who are not logged-in.

EDIT: And equally strange is the fact that I can view those photos in the Gallery.

Wayne
I've reported the issue with the photos and our technicians will be looking into the matter - please stand by. Misngth

Wayne
Thanks Wayne, I don't think I did anything wrong in posting them.

8-)
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->
starting on the fancy brickwork.

[Image: image.php?album_id=257&image_id=4655]

8-)
ak-milw Wrote:starting on the fancy brickwork.

[Image: image.php?album_id=257&image_id=4655]

8-)

What baffles me is that you can see this image but not the others. Still, it looks like there's other problems with the Gallery, so hang in there and don't change anything so we can find out what's going on. And thanks for your understanding....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Finished up the brickwork with .015 thick self stick brick from Rusty Stumps.

[Image: image.php?album_id=257&image_id=4656]

8-)
A quick word of thanks to Wayne and the Techs. I can see!!!! 2285_ Big Grin
Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
JaBear Wrote:A quick word of thanks to Wayne and the Techs. I can see!!!! 2285_ Big Grin
Cheers, the Bear.

How about the stuff on page one of this thread? I'm still gettin' kisses in the form of big red Xs. Misngth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:How about the stuff on page one of this thread? I'm still gettin' kisses in the form of big red Xs.

Sorry about the belated reply, but I'm getting the pictures on both page one and two.
Cheers.\, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
JaBear Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:How about the stuff on page one of this thread? I'm still gettin' kisses in the form of big red Xs.

Sorry about the belated reply, but I'm getting the pictures on both page one and two.
Cheers.\, the Bear.

You are right, it is possible to see all the images. I cleared my cache and history and was able to see them as well rather than the "access denied" image. That being said, there is still a problem in the Gallery where you cannot view some images or wind up with a "connection was reset" error, basically locking yourself out of Big Blue for a few seconds.

For now, it is best to stay out of the Gallery. Do not add images there and do not try to view any as well. We are working on the problem and hope to have a resolution very soon.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
For what its worth and for some strange reason, the first photo of Andy's assembled model reminded me of one of the late Saddam Hussein's burned out palaces, like where one of his sicko sons died.
Maybe it was the black inside walls that did it? I've got no other idea why that thought dropped into my mind? Wallbang
No disrespect intended to your model Andy.
And why did I think "Cheesecake house" when I first saw photos of the real house? Nope
Looks like I am still food obsessed. Better go do some food shopping, Fast. Popcornbeer
By the way that is some serious modelling equipment you have there, are you a model engineer or 1:1 shop engineer?
Is that a stone surface as well?
Mark
BTW Welcome to Big Blue Andy.
You dont have to be mad to visit here, but it sure helps. 2285_ 35
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
AAAArrrgggghhhh!!!!!! Now, apart from Sumpter250s pic, i'm getting the big orange not authorised thingees again on page 2. And I was finding the build interesting.
Cheers, the Bear :cry:
JaBear Wrote:AAAArrrgggghhhh!!!!!! Now, apart from Sumpter250s pic, i'm getting the big orange not authorised thingees again on page 2. And I was finding the build interesting.
Cheers, the Bear :cry:

I cleared my cache and history and was able to see them all rather than the "access denied" image. Try that and let me know if it works...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and