Multi posting
Tyson Rayles Wrote:
Ralph Wrote:I suspect that Misngth = humor....but knowing Tyson....inquiring minds want to know!

For the record I grew up in and around the Everglades. Myself and all my friends at one time or another when we were kids kept a pet gator (usually in the 2-4 foot range as those are easy to handle and once they started to get too big we turned them loose). No I don't recommend everybody go out and get one ( not legal anyway ). Many decades ago when I rented, a landlord gave a big speech one day about how there would be no more dogs or cats allowed. However he didn't say anything about gators so as someone who enjoys taking advantage of a loop hole............. To his credit when he found out there was a three footer running loose in my apartment the only thing he said was "I hope you don't expect the exterminator to service your apartment!" Icon_lol Once the joke wore off I took the critter back to the glades and turned him loose.

Some of the advantages of having a alligator for a pet:

1- No need to housebreak em' , they seem to only be able to go when in the water so once a week you put 6 inches of water in the bathtub, place gator in tub and wait until the water turns yellow then pull plug and turn on shower til tub and gator are clean (probably a good idea not to tell your parents you did this.) Icon_lol .
2- Cheap to feed. They only need to eat every month or so ( a three footer would need about an half pound of hamburger in that time).
3- If you let the gator answer the door salesmen and preachers never call a second time! Goldth

And neighbor's small children and pets will never bother you more than once?
Nope, 3-4 footers aren't a threat really to even a baby. At that size they are mostly tail and are still very skinny. When they hit 5-6 feet they really start to bulk out and become hard to handle. A four footer might go after a very young kitten or a puppy but that's about it. Once I was old enough to get my own place the few times I had one they were never caged, they just wandered around the house on their own. I had a parakeet that used to sit on top of the head of a 3 footer I had and ride around on him, the gator didn't seem to care. Goldth As threats go I would worry about the lion a whole lot more.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
This one has always bugged me.

Generally, I try to post in only one or two forums regularly. It is a headache to try and keep up with them all. Every once in a while, I will branch out and join other forums, either through invitation or curiosity, but I tend to gravitate back here. At least here I'm somewhat established and people know me (in some cases, literally).

When I do post in more than one place, I'm definitely guilty of "cloning" posts. Normally, I'll write a post here, and if I think its relevant to discussion elsewhere, I'll copy and paste the text from the edit window and post it with minor revision to another forum. These are generally "update" kinds of posts, such as if I was discussing the same model on two different websites. Why type up the same thing twice?

I used to do this between here and "The Whistle Post" before it apparently sank (and took with it the last Model Railroad Chat room I knew of... I wish ours was up!).
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:This one has always bugged me.

Generally, I try to post in only one or two forums regularly. It is a headache to try and keep up with them all. Every once in a while, I will branch out and join other forums, either through invitation or curiosity, but I tend to gravitate back here. At least here I'm somewhat established and people know me (in some cases, literally).

When I do post in more than one place, I'm definitely guilty of "cloning" posts. Normally, I'll write a post here, and if I think its relevant to discussion elsewhere, I'll copy and paste the text from the edit window and post it with minor revision to another forum. These are generally "update" kinds of posts, such as if I was discussing the same model on two different websites. Why type up the same thing twice?

I used to do this between here and "The Whistle Post" before it apparently sank (and took with it the last Model Railroad Chat room I knew of... I wish ours was up!).

Again, just my opinion, but how many people participate in multiple forums? Not everyone does, and so someone might just miss your post if you choose to post it on forum A and not forum B. A lot of people just don't have the time or the desire to scan multiple forums and so I really don't see a problem here.

As for our chat room, Packey has it on his "to-do" list and I keep reminding him by sending him periodic punch lists. I can't be too hard on him though, in recent weeks, he's help us to fill up our storage locker, hold a "moving sale" yard sale, and then yesterday, he spent the day helping me clear out the storage locker when we changed our minds about selling our house. :o He also has a full-time job, and in his spare time, he still draws the three-times a week cartoon, Flatt Bear.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:Again, just my opinion, but how many people participate in multiple forums? Not everyone does, and so someone might just miss your post if you choose to post it on forum A and not forum B. A lot of people just don't have the time or the desire to scan multiple forums and so I really don't see a problem here.

I do participate on other forums, but its mostly because of the specialized nature of the prototype I model. Many of the areas I specialize in (commuter trains, electrification, etc) are just not really common modeling topics, at least not to the extent that I take it. This forum is great for general and advanced modeling questions, but when it comes to catenary I think I'm more or less on my own.

But then it this case, it makes sense to branch out. The bottom line of it all though, is that there really shouldn't be a problem where people post. Its a free internet Tongue.

Quote:As for our chat room, Packey has it on his "to-do" list and I keep reminding him by sending him periodic punch lists. I can't be too hard on him though, in recent weeks, he's help us to fill up our storage locker, hold a "moving sale" yard sale, and then yesterday, he spent the day helping me clear out the storage locker when we changed our minds about selling our house. :o He also has a full-time job, and in his spare time, he still draws the three-times a week cartoon, Flatt Bear.

No problem, I'm just happy to hear that its still on the to do list. I recognize that life takes priority over forums.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Well GEC, I may not model catenary, but I do live in a city that has both its trains and trams "under wire" and I will admit to having one or more day dreams about it while observing the track side infrastructure, and I and no doubt others here enjoy seeing your work.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
I find running under "wire" fascinating but as for modeling it I am way to clumsy to even try.So I will just sit back and admire those that do it. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"