Some detail shots from Hobbs End ISL
When I first pics of my layout I included just about all areas of the layout.
So now I decided to post some shots showing some of the details that I included.
First is from the oil dealer. The two trucks shown are 1953-55 Peterbilts that were made by IMEX.These were all metal and at the time I could
not find any straight trucks with flat beds so i cut the sides from the trucks and added floors and loads as seen in the truck in background.
The trailer in the front was made by using empty pill bottles that I cut to the desired profile,re-assembled,sanded and painted.
[Image: OilDealer2_zpsa34ef237.jpg]
Next up are two pics of trailers that I built using container trailers.I think they were made by Athearn. These came with a deck sections. I cleaned up the bottoms,cut to length,usually 38-40".
I then adjusted the length on the frame and in some cases altered the wheel arrangements. In the case of these two trailers,a tri-axle and a spread axle.
[Image: Tri-axle_zps61018475.jpg][Image: Spreadaxle_zpsb1266ce4.jpg]
The next pic is the front view of Columbia Mfg. Co. They make steel drums. The fork truck is a metal kit. Can't remember who made it.
[Image: ColumbiaMfg2_zps6b4673bd.jpg]
Lastly is the rail barge and tug. Because the park boarders a river I thought it only fitting to add these details to the layout.
I made the barge working from various pics. It is made using .080 styrene,nickle silver rails and some small diameter dowels for the tie downs.
The tug was also made from various pics. It was made from .040 and .020 styrene,and a variety of commercial castings. i also added a wooded deck.
[Image: Tugandbarge_zps3833bbfb.jpg]
This pic came as an after thought. Pallets are used in many industries on a layout so I figured I would add a close up of the pallets made at Express Pallet. For anyone who might be interested,
I make my own in HO and in 3 sizes 40"x48", 48"x48" and 48"x96".
[Image: pallets_zps3e239552.jpg]
Enjoy
BobS
And I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving
"My railroad is a figment of my imagination"

BobS
The flat trailer with the wooden deck and load looks very good. I love the tug boat!
Reinhard
Very nice! Thumbsup
Very cool! I like the tug too! The piping on the tanks intrigues me. Did you use resistors to represent them, by any chance?
Thanks for the replies and comments. I appreciate them.
Actually for the piping on the tanks I used 1/16" aluminum tubing. What might look like a resistor is actually pieces
of copper wire covering that I used to cover where two pieces of tubing meet. FYI- when I was bending the aluminum tubing
I had to do it carefully as it has a tendency to crack at the bend. Brass tubing will also do the same.
BobS

BobS
I believe the fork lift is a custom finishing model...<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/247-7054">http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/247-7054</a><!-- m -->
Nice pics! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Rscott417-you are correct about the fork truck. The only problem I had with this kit was that it was murder on drill bits.
Mike-Thanks for the kind words.
For anyone who is interested I added another pic to the original post.
BobS

BobS
Looking good, I also like the flat bed loads.

8-)
Andy Kramer - modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->