Freight car projects for the Grande Valley Railway
This old clunker is a fill in project for when I am waiting for glue or paint to dry.It will eventually get the same treatment as the big cars.There will be two of these old PS-2 covered hoppers and one kitbashed three bay.The roofwalks will be modified KaDee boxcar roofwalks.Oh yeah,in case any one is curious it is a old Roundhouse kit.

[Image: Roundhouse-1.jpg]

That .015" round stock sure makes a difference on the ladders.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Rusty, dusty and crusty.This is another TYCO that I just keep puttering with.I paid one dollar for this car brand new in January of 1980.I think I got my dollars worth.I figure I have spent another $10.00 on it since then.I am debating leaving it like this or stripping it and repainting it and decaling it in the new scheme.

[Image: GVR-3103-a.jpg]

If I wanted to splurge on it a PLANO - Athearn Center Flo etched roofwalk would be a fairly easy modification.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

On to another project.This one is a Bachmann Center-Flo.Still to be done is a rework of the stirrups and a body mounted coupler (most likely a KaDee #58).Mods so far are lowering the side ladder replacing the ladder rungs and putting in the cross brace that Bachmann left off.I have started on the B end by removing the hi mount brake wheel.it will be moved down to the modern location.Everything else will get the same changes the A end has.Once I have either got all of the cars done (or I get bored with this operation Eek ) I will go back and do some fine tuning on the cars to clean them up some.Some will get now paint jobs and some will get some really cruddy weathering like the blue TYCO hopper up above.

[Image: SHPX-1140.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Looking good! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string