Lighthouse Railroad Photos
Hello Sumpter250,
I'm happy to hear that I got your imagination going 2285_ and that you like my interior scenes.
It takes me a little longer to build my structures but I think it ads a little more life to the layout.

I take the time to do a Google search to find interior scenes and also signage, afterwards I scale them to size, sometimes I do the signs myself to better suit my needs.

I like the soft glow of Miniatronics incandescent bulbs, I connect them to a 12V computer power supply that I bought at a Model train store in Montreal for $20.00 a piece; so far I've got about 50 bulbs connected to a single power supply.
All of my lighting is divided in sectors and color coded they are connected to 4 Atlas switch control boxes; more of them can be added as the layout progresses.

PS: Where can I find photos of your layout, I did a search in the forum but came out empty handed.

Have fun Waveof7

Have a nice day Wink
Serge
Here's my first Craftsman kit, it's Bar Mills "Saulina's Tavern" which I converted to "Taverne St-Henri".
I added a few details on this kit: Lighting, signage,back door, propane tanks,ladder, roof and cornice details.

As usual all comments or feedback are welcome. Thumbsup

Have a nice day Wink

Attached Files Image(s)

Serge
scribbelt Wrote:PS: Where can I find photos of your layout, I did a search in the forum but came out empty handed.
Have a nice day Wink

My "layout" - - - - - 12' X 30", made up of three 30" deep, 4' modules, with a 24" deep, 4' module behind the center one.

I also have 3, 24" X 4' older modules.
The newer modules are these:    

The older, first three, modules:

The beauty of these is the ability to display them publicly, and when connected to the rest of the group's modules, have looooong ( upwards of 60' long ) trains run through them, while the public watches. It also makes for a busy day answering all the questions. Wink Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hello Sumpter250,
Wow quite an impressive layout Worship .
I really like the waterfront scenes; the bridges and vessels are very nice.
It must be a thrill to be able to run locos for 60 ft. Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7
I also like the gray colored fascia, it's very pleasing to the eye and does not distract the spectator.

Thank you for sharing the photos, it's greatly appreciated Thumbsup

Have a nice day Wink
Serge
scribbelt Wrote:Good question David, but the answer is no Nope because "La Commission des Liqueurs" was under provincial jurisdiction; but I got permission from Maurice Duplessis who was prime minister of Québec in the 50's Cheers

Have a nice day Wink

Serge:
joke was that in Ontario, we had to fill out a form specifying what was wanted and sign it.
Apparently, the largest consumers of spirits in Ontario were John Diefenbaker and Mickey Mouse. I thought WLMK would be a Quebecois favorite.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Hello David,
Funny you should say that "the largest consumers of spirits in Ontario were John Diefenbaker and Mickey Mouse",
because we sometimes buy some wine at the LCBO in Hawkesbury (about 30 min from our house),
and I asked the clerk why the wine was cheaper in Ontario than in Quebec.

She told me that the LCBO sells more liquor than wine, so that's why wine is cheaper in Ontario Thumbsup

Have a nice day Wink
Serge