UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Tom, Lutz, Ed, Wayne, Don and Mike, THANK YOU! Icon_e_biggrin , Thanks so much for the very kind words Icon_e_smile .

(09-04-2022, 08:52 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: Hi Deano---this scene is timeless---a quick change with the vehicles and this could be the early fifties or earlier with a steam engine rolling by.
Ed, I think your right, this could work for just about any era from the 50's on...
[Image: GvNgELJ.jpg]

[Image: QkOhbso.jpg]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I really liked the edge of the small town...
[Image: WmnjMNj.jpg]

I had no rail service there, so I didnt loose anything by putting the farm in that spot. Honestly, I thought the farm went along much better with the flow my layout has any ways, as most of my layout depicts the areas in WI that trains run, but you really dont see it, its outside the towns/cities. I already had an "edge of town area" , and it does have rail service...
[Image: NzpixSA.jpg]

[Image: 1gziUbj.jpg]

[Image: QQsVlXy.jpg]

I also had the "insinuation" of a farm, it has the farm house and part of the feild, but you coulnt see a barn...
[Image: bZ1jrl9.jpg]

I really just felt putting in a full blown farm was the answer to that spot. Now, from this...
[Image: MOLYazu.jpg]

[Image: WsN2Tai.jpg]

To this, I have pretty much got that area finished...
[Image: MaLch7Y.jpg]

Not sure what area will be the next part to get a make over, but I'll post it when I figure it out Misngth , stay on track folks.
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Deano, all of your scenes are fabulous. expert modeling. Way out of my class. 
Charlie
Thank you Deano---love the transition  Worship
Awesome job. I love the flexibility.

If you really want to go nuts you could add a small milk platform with some milk cans for the milk train. (You can tell I love milk trains and look for any excuse to add something for them.)
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
I like the weathering on the roof of that barn! Place looks suspiciously cared for - a proud farmer I'd say.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows