UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Great Layout Deano!!!! Beautiful pictures!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Good start!

Like Don said, jump into the challenge.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks guys Icon_e_biggrin .

As for doing the challenge, I thought about it, but I am just all over the place with this project, and am working way to much to really comit to anything really.

I had a half day today, so I started the barn, I got the major parts together...
[Image: lJEvVyA.jpg]

My mind must have been elsewhere because I put the wrong end on this side Icon_redface  ...
[Image: qZl4ax3.jpg] 

Not a big deal, I am going to make an upper sliding door for this side too...
[Image: iJfe9WW.jpg]

SO, I am making an upper sliding door, and doing some framework on the barn corners, all out of styrene that I already have. After I get that stuff done another dust of gray primer over it all for an adhesion promoter, and to make sure any tiny bit of glue that might have made it on the outside gets covered as to not make the painted areas look funny or weird. Then comes the paint and weathering, after that, I start the bottom stone foundation of the farm, I bought a couple colors of paint to make the stone limestone, as limestone is the most used stone for that here in Wisconsin. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I have always used Krazy glue for all my plasic/styrene work, probably not the best choice, but hey, its what I have used. I went to get a fresh bottle of Krazy glue for this prject, they didnt have any Eek , CRAP! , so I tried Gorilla glue brand, WOW!!! TOTALLY IMPRSSED! Its SUPER FAST, a little thick, and seems to hold well, thats it, I AM SOLD, no more Krazy glue for me.
[Image: Em5rurC.jpg]

Thats all I got for now, till next time.
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Looking good Deano. Glad to see I am not the only one who puts things on the wrong side.

Speaking of glues I used to use Krazy Glue or other CA type glues. I have always had problems with them not working as advertised. They say it will bond in seconds but it never does. I had huge problems with it on the Coaling Tower and I switched to Plastruct Plastic Weld with good success. I have not given completely up on the CA glues as thee are times where I can't use the Plastruct. I saw a Tick-Toc about using an accelerator with the CA glue so I bought one but I have not had time to try it.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
I use Krazy glue, but mostly only for attaching mechanically-mounted metal details, like wire grabirons or strip-metal sill steps., which are installed into drilled holes. 

The only advantage of Krazy glue for plastic structures that I've found, after buying (at bargain prices) quite a few assembled structures, is that it's very easy to take them apart.

I then rub the mating faces over a sheet of fairly fine sandpaper, to remove the hardened ca, then re-assemble them using solvent-type liquid cement...usually MEK or industrial-grade lacquer thinner.  

I have used speciality-type ca for securing some items made from engineering plastics, but find it a hit or miss procedure...works okay sometimes, other times nada.

Wayne
An easy and free accelerator for Krazy Glue and many other types of ca, is your own breath...not a pursed-lips blowing session, but rather an open-mouthed  "huff" from your lungs.  The moisture in such a maneuver accelerates  the hardening process quite nicely.

Wayne
Tom & Wayne, Thanks for the tips!  Applause Icon_e_biggrin 

I havent had time to work on the barn this week, but when I took the shot for this weeks WPF thread I decided to get a some shots of all my E units. I seldom post these, dont know why, I love E units, here they are...
[Image: hkQg4vi.jpg]

[Image: qhUvRKw.jpg]

[Image: ZapXNcR.jpg]
Hey Deano, it's nice to see my former E-units, too.  The A-unit was pretty simple, but the B-unit, based on an article in MainLine Modeler, was a bit of a project, even though the changes aren't all that noticeable.

Wayne
Wayne, I love those EG&E E units, they are works of art, run quite well too Applause Icon_e_biggrin .

No new news on anything on the layout, but I had off today and decided to clean up the layout a bit, took a while Icon_redface , but it gave me a chance to run one of my DD40's Icon_e_biggrin . I hardly ever take any pics of them so here is the one I ran today...
[Image: q9t5MUv.jpg]

[Image: jb5u9re.jpg]

I know I posted these pics in the WPF thread, but posting all five of my Tunnel motors here too for the record Misngth ...
[Image: edEBHiE.jpg]

[Image: qG7ZNSf.jpg]

I hope to get off of all the overtime, soon, I hope VERY SOON, so I can get back to working on the layout, but for now, thats it.
Deano, your locomotives look great. I got to see a DD40 twice, once going east and once going west. I will post the pictures for your enjoyment.      And in fresh paint.      Charlie
The DD40 was definitely an interesting locomotive.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Charlie, thank you so much, for posting those DD40 shots! Applause  You can post pics ANYTIME to this thread Icon_e_biggrin .

....................................................................................................................................................

Not an update, though I have started the base to my barn, just posting a shot of this car I had just purchased. 

Back in the end of summer last year, my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer, on Dec. 2nd she sadly had passed away. Elaine was 49, and left behind her husband and 4 young kids. 

Just last week my sister in law, Dawn, found out she has uterine cancer, any prayers would GREATLY BE APPRICIATED, THANK YOU.

While I was looking on ebay for deals, I happened across this WSOR car, there was no deal on this car at all, but I havent seen it before, and really had the urge to get it. 

Thats all I got for now.

[Image: b5xrqsH.jpg]
Hi Deano---sadly we all have someone who is dealing with cancer---prayers for all .Stay strong.
(05-22-2022, 05:51 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: Hi Deano---sadly we all have someone who is dealing with cancer---prayers for all for.Stay strong.

You are so right Ed, we all know at lease one, so prayers and success for them all.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Deano

So sorry for the loss of your sister and continuing prayers for your sister-in-law.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)